This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I nominate Rockstar Games for the #1 most talented developers.

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 11/18/2012 11:20:29 PM
If Rockstar can pull off a game with the scale of GTA V on 6-7 year old hardware, what does that say about all the other devs who struggle with smaller world games that should generally be less taxing on these systems?

I keep watching the trailer and I'm ****ing ASTONISHED at how massive this world is. And its not just a massive world...its a massive and ALIVE world. So much detail and atmosphere. There's a big difference here before anyone comes in trying to talk about cave and tree fests like Skyrim. Those games are lifeless and barren. As is the likes of Just Cause 2...people get taken back by the nice colors and sheer size of the overall map, but never realize that its dead. No animals, barely any cities..etc. Games like that where there are tons of trees, mountains, caves and whatnot are able to duplicate these kinds of terrain all over the map without you even knowing. Which is why its so easy to have worlds that big. Its all an illusion.

Rockstar Games are beyond professionals. Other developers need to take notes.
#2flame030191Posted 11/18/2012 11:22:41 PM
too bad their games are boring and uninspired, completely outdone by the competition who doesn't try nearly as hard to get the better product.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#3doraemonllh1989Posted 11/18/2012 11:22:55 PM
well rockstar is one of the developers i consider very good developers

i love all their games,bully,rdr,gta so far
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#4TheTrueNubPosted 11/18/2012 11:23:08 PM
They are definitely in a league of their own, that's for sure. A very talented developer no matter your opinion on the games.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#5FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:24:09 PM(edited)
Must be fun to spout blatantly untrue nonsense.

EDIT: Directed at flame030191
#6doraemonllh1989Posted 11/18/2012 11:23:25 PM
flame030191 posted...
too bad their games are boring and uninspired, completely outdone by the competition who doesn't try nearly as hard to get the better product.

Example?
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#7rofflchopperPosted 11/18/2012 11:26:16 PM
They are one of the best.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#8kloud 11Posted 11/18/2012 11:27:19 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Example?

*waits for someone to post sleeping dogs/ saints row so i can chuckle*
#9FOXSOLID(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:31:17 PM(edited)
kloud 11 posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
flame030191 posted...

Example?

*waits for someone to post sleeping dogs/ saints row so i can chuckle*

Saints Row is good for way over the top craziness. That's kind of been their theme.

Sleeping dogs upon beating the game made me sleep like a dog. So boring. No cheats, can't wreak havoc for 5 minutes outside of missions without the cops destroying you. Barely any guns or ammo to be found in free mode and the map was atrocious.

Good job wasting the entire center of the map on ONE road. Brilliant.
#10TheRavenKCPosted 11/18/2012 11:30:55 PM
I love their games also, but the size of the map doesn't mean much if 95% of the buildings are just space fillers.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/TheRavenKC Play Like A Raven
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/TheRavenKC/