This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I nominate Rockstar Games for the #1 most talented developers.

#31revenginePosted 11/19/2012 1:45:29 AM
Sucker Punch did a pretty good job with large maps full of lots of people with the Infamous games.
---
"It would be the stupid comment about the a-bombs that the US dropped on Japan that is offensive."
#32Kage-MaruPosted 11/19/2012 3:23:49 AM
flame030191 posted...
Rock Star is honestly the crime-game version of Bethesda. Large maps with mostly fillers and many glitches that rarely get fixed. No matter how broken or boring their games get, they still get excellent critical reception as well as being best sellers.

ive never seen one glitch in gta4 or max payne 3
---
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.
#33Dark_FluxPosted 11/19/2012 3:50:33 AM
Just to clarify, GTA, RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne were all made by different teams.

GTA = Rockstar North (UK)
RDR = Rockstar San Diego
Max Payne 3 = Rockstar Ontario
LA Noire = Team Bondi (AU)
---
PSN ID : Dark-Flux2
#34danny_S_06Posted 11/19/2012 4:18:45 AM
They make games that look great and do a lot.

Shame most of the time the gunplay and controls are terrible, full of auto-aim, and having to mash a button repeatedly to run instead of holding it down... saying that RDR is one of my favourite games this gen.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#35AnthonM2Posted 11/19/2012 4:42:37 AM
I don't like their games, I don't know how they are still around.
#36ps3_gamer_norgePosted 11/19/2012 5:32:17 AM
I love Rockstar, but I think Naughty Dog has more talented devs. I'm personally more excited for the last of us, but also pre ordered gta 5.
#37JurassicBondPosted 11/19/2012 6:03:02 AM
I used to love Rockstar, but this gen I haven't been too impressed. They've toned down way too much from the more over the top elements Ioved about the PS2 GTA games, and this gen their games have all bored me. The Ballad of Gay Tony was an exception, and I hope GTAV takes a huge lesson from that. But as far as open world games go, I've had much more fun with Saints Row 2 and 3 than any Rockstar game.
---
Reading: Interesting Times- Terry Pratchett
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#38JONlCSPosted 11/19/2012 6:42:23 PM
Just to clarify, GTA, RDR, LA Noire and Max Payne were all made by different teams.

GTA = Rockstar North (UK)
RDR = Rockstar San Diego
Max Payne 3 = Rockstar Ontario
LA Noire = Team Bondi (AU)

thats no different with capcom and squaresoft.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cBQMs.jpg
#39HakaiVeilPosted 11/19/2012 6:48:02 PM
No.

They ARE talented, but no one developer gets to take #1.

To do so, their games would have to be interesting to a majority of the gamers.

They aren't. Like all other games, Rockstar games pander to certain aspects. Thus, certain gamers.
---
Gamefaqs - Where immaturity makes you more important than anyone else.