This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't want to jump on the COD bandwagon, Resistance 3 or Killzone 3?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 11/18/2012 11:52:50 PM
I played COD2 online and wasn't interested in camp fest with snipers/shotgun every game, since then, I never played a COD game. I did however put several hundred hours into the Halo games online from Halo 2 to Halo Reach.

From the reviews I saw online (IGN, GS, CGR) I'm starting to lean towards Killzone over Resistance for online matchmaking. Which is more populated? Which is closer to Halo's gameplay/gametypes? Other games I enjoyed online are Rainbow Six Vegas, MGO, and Gears of War.

I saw that Killzone 2 is just $6.99, so I'll probably be picking that up, is there still people playing online? (the board is dead over there)
---
http://www.miniih.com/miniiblog/good-girl/files/suzy_gif7.gif
PSN:
#2SexySamSosa67Posted 11/18/2012 11:54:18 PM
Don't play dead games. Play BO2
---
Eminem Is The Greatest Musician Of All Time
Shawn Michaels Is The Greatest Athlete Of All Time
#3ArmedRebellionPosted 11/18/2012 11:55:09 PM
there is no good, popular multiplayer shooter right now, I'm sorry to say.
---
"Give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
http://i50.tinypic.com/34h6pas.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/23l7xx.jpg
#4flame030191Posted 11/18/2012 11:56:28 PM
SexySamSosa67 posted...
Don't play dead games. Play BO2

Don't play broken games like that.

Killzone 2 and 3 have active communities, more so now after the trilogy launch.

Uncharted 3 is very fun

Ghost Recon and MoH Warfighter are active, balanced, and addictive.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#5LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/19/2012 12:00:33 AM(edited)
I think Killzone has more players but Resistance plays more like Halo does.
I'm with you, I played the s*** out of Halo when I still had a 360 and never got really into CoD. I have every game but I mostly play the campaign and the survival/zombie/spec ops modes.
I've played quite a few rounds of Black Ops 2 at my friend's house though and it's actually really fun. Not anywhere near as skill based as Halo but still.

Oh I forgot about Uncharted. I haven't played a whole lot of the MP but what I did play was definitely awesome.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#68f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 11/19/2012 12:00:18 AM
Killzone 2 has the best multiplayer between all of those, but it's community is not very active these days.
#7amonte64Posted 11/19/2012 12:00:41 AM
I suggest you play the demo of Killzone 2 and the free multiplayer trial of Killzone 3 before making a decision, one big reason in my opinion is because Killzone 2 and 3 control differently. Also, play the Resistance 3 demo before making a decision as well.

I personally love Killzone 3 and is my go-to online FPS.

There's also the Killzone Trilogy that gives you Killzone HD, 2 and 3 with all the DLC included for about $30 I think and I believe there's an Ultimate Combo Pack with the Killzone Trilogy that gives you the Trilogy plus a Cameo DualShock 3 controller for $60, if it hasn't released yet I'm pretty sure it will soon.

Same goes with the Resistance Trilogy.

Also, there's Dust 514 which is a free download and I have heard nothing but good things about it and I heard it's similar to Halo.

You have a lot of great, amazing options and you get to try them out for free before making your decision.
#8Neonwarrior1243Posted 11/19/2012 12:04:44 AM
I would pick Killzone 3 over Resistance 3 since Resistance 3 sucked, for a game like Rainbow 6 try Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I would say try Socom Confrontation since you can pretty much get it for free but I'm not sure if the servers are up and it's online only though last time I played it a year or a year and a half ago it still had enough people to keep playing and with the lobbies you can find a room pretty quick.
#9flame030191Posted 11/19/2012 12:08:29 AM
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
I would pick Killzone 3 over Resistance 3 since Resistance 3 sucked, for a game like Rainbow 6 try Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I would say try Socom Confrontation since you can pretty much get it for free but I'm not sure if the servers are up and it's online only though last time I played it a year or a year and a half ago it still had enough people to keep playing and with the lobbies you can find a room pretty quick.

The servers are up for Confrontation, but if you pick your own loadout, go the route you want, use teamwork properly, kill an enemy, or anything at all, the community will boot you instantly. Not to mention many of the problems with the game never got fixed.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#10Neonwarrior1243Posted 11/19/2012 12:16:36 AM
flame030191 posted...
Neonwarrior1243 posted...

The servers are up for Confrontation, but if you pick your own loadout, go the route you want, use teamwork properly, kill an enemy, or anything at all, the community will boot you instantly. Not to mention many of the problems with the game never got fixed.

Well I know you get kicked almost all the time unless you have your side filled with people you know but maybe he would of been able to find some people to let him join them. Also the glitches aren't really that bad since I was playing with the newest patch just a lot of people use lag switches and stuff a long those lines but then again I find shooters are almost always where all the cheaters flock maybe since they're the easier ones out of all VS genres.