This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3: Console with the best games ever?

#1amonte64Posted 11/18/2012 11:28:47 PM
I know the title to the console with the best games ever has always either gone to the original PlayStation or PlayStation 2, but today I got to thinking, is it the PlayStation 3 now? I mean, and this is just from the top of my head right now, the consoles has Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Infamous 1 and 2, LBP 1 and 2, MGS 4, Burnout Paradise, GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, all the Ratchet and Clanks, all the Killzones, all the Resistances, Borderlands 1 and 2, all the Elders Scrolls, all the Fallouts, Valkyria Chronicles, all the Disgaeas, all the Dead Spaces, all the Assassins Creeds, Flow, Flower, Journey, all the Batmans, all the Capcom fighters, King of Fighters, Tekken, Souls, Portals, the sports games, Mass Effects and so a billion more I don't remember right now, plus all the PSN games and upcoming titles like PASBR, Sly 4, GoW:A. GTA 5.

What do you guys think? I mean seriously, all stupid fanboyism and biasedness aside. If you don't think so explain why with logical non fanboy reasons.
#2deadmarvPosted 11/18/2012 11:31:53 PM
amonte64 posted...
I know the title to the console with the best games ever has always either gone to the original PlayStation or PlayStation 2, but today I got to thinking, is it the PlayStation 3 now? I mean, and this is just from the top of my head right now, the consoles has Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Infamous 1 and 2, LBP 1 and 2, MGS 4, Burnout Paradise, GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, all the Ratchet and Clanks, all the Killzones, all the Resistances, Borderlands 1 and 2, all the Elders Scrolls, all the Fallouts, Valkyria Chronicles, all the Disgaeas, all the Dead Spaces, all the Assassins Creeds, Flow, Flower, Journey, all the Batmans, all the Capcom fighters, King of Fighters, Tekken, Souls, Portals, the sports games, Mass Effects and so a billion more I don't remember right now, plus all the PSN games and upcoming titles like PASBR, Sly 4, GoW:A. GTA 5.

What do you guys think? I mean seriously, all stupid fanboyism and biasedness aside. If you don't think so explain why with logical non fanboy reasons.

I don't understand your post. Most of the games listed are available on suxbox and PC.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#3amonte64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:33:36 PM
deadmarv posted...
amonte64 posted...

I don't understand your post. Most of the games listed are available on suxbox and PC.

So what? they are still available on PS3, there are also so many PS3 exclusives, as a matter of fact most of the best games this gen are PS3 exclusives and all the games I listed aren't the only titles, they were only the titles that came to my head at that moment.
#4deadmarvPosted 11/18/2012 11:35:56 PM
Okay, I understand and agree with your reasoning now, thanks.
---
#5amonte64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:38:38 PM
deadmarv posted...

So, what do you think?
#6deadmarvPosted 11/18/2012 11:44:59 PM
amonte64 posted...
deadmarv posted...

So, what do you think?

In my opinion, PS3 is the best console. The only m$ exclusive I miss is Fable. Even when I had both systems, I would buy multiplatform games for PS3, and rent xbox exclusives.
---
#7amonte64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:48:44 PM
deadmarv posted...
amonte64 posted...
deadmarv posted...

So, what do you think?

In my opinion, PS3 is the best console. The only m$ exclusive I miss is Fable. Even when I had both systems, I would buy multiplatform games for PS3, and rent xbox exclusives.

Ah okay, I agree with you but would have to add a few other exclusives like Left 4 Dead for example. But I meant the console with the best games in video game history. The crown has always gone to PS1 or 2 but I've been thinking and I think maybe it should go to PS3.
#8deadmarvPosted 11/19/2012 9:37:16 AM
amonte64 posted...
deadmarv posted...
amonte64 posted...
deadmarv posted...

So, what do you think?

Ah okay, I agree with you but would have to add a few other exclusives like Left 4 Dead for example. But I meant the console with the best games in video game history. The crown has always gone to PS1 or 2 but I've been thinking and I think maybe it should go to PS3.

Sorry about that, guess I still misunderstood your first post. I guess seeing as you can play most PS1 games and some PS2 games on the PS3, I agree with you.
---
#9anonymous46773Posted 11/19/2012 9:37:41 AM
PS2 takes it
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#10RomangeloPosted 11/19/2012 9:39:03 AM
PS2 has the best games

no contest
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II