This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please...I need help figuring out the name of a game. Going absolutely crazy.

#1DocDeliciousPosted 11/19/2012 1:23:44 AM
I have very little info to give on it; but I remember watching a video review of it just a few months ago.

I believe it is a bit of an older game, maybe 2008-2011.
I'm almost positive it's Japanese-made.
It reminded me of Dark Void meets Vanquish. It was a third-person shooter but it seemed as though the game was just a series of boss fights against giant mechs (I distinctly remember the one in the review looking like a very large, long, black, lizard-like tank). There is a mechanic in the game where you use a jetpack or rocket boots of some kind to fly around/under enemies as you target specific parts to defeat them. I remember seeing brief running sections but it was mainly when the character ran under the lizard-tank to shoot at the belly and then took off as soon as he was out from under it.
I remember the character zipping through the air all around the boss shooting at small turrets etc on different areas of its body. He would fly by the boss firing, either fly or run under it, take off again and make a wide turn to face the boss again and continue attacking. It was all very fast-paced and pretty awesome looking.

I think I remember reading about it in a list of either "difficult" or "unique" Japanese games and I kind of remember Nier and Resonance of Fate being in the same list. However, I do remember the writer saying that the game isn't necessarily difficult in-and-of-itself but that the controls and speed of the action make it very hard to keep up with and make aiming precisely (a requirement of the game) very challenging.

I'm going f****** nuts trying to find this game, guys, and I need some help. I've tried searching for every conceivable combination of things I remember from the video and looking at huge lists of TPS and Mech games. Can't find any info on it anywhere. Not even a hint.

Please, please, please...if anyone knows what game I'm thinking of please tell me. Even if you're not sure it's the exact same game just please offer up some ideas.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Demon's Souls, MGS HD Col, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, ZOE HD Col, Resident Evil 6 Mercs, DMC HD Col
PSN: DocDelicious
#2MelficeSeph2Posted 11/19/2012 1:32:33 AM
I wanna know too. (Sorry to make you look though. XD)
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#34dfmaEFPosted 11/19/2012 1:36:26 AM
Since you have ZoE in your sig and that was my best bet...
---
Even if I wanted I have nothing left to say.
#4SoincMetalPosted 11/19/2012 1:46:48 AM(edited)
Lost Planet Maybe? Also Look up E.X. Troops. It's not coming to the states tho. But PS3 is region friendly.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5SonicMonkeysPosted 11/19/2012 1:39:54 AM
Please, please, please...if anyone knows what game I'm thinking of please tell me. Even if you're not sure it's the exact same game just please offer up some ideas.

I have no idea what game you described but maybe these random mech-ish games will trigger you to remember.

Front Mission Evolved
Another Century's Episode R
Binary Domain
Asura's Wrath
Armored Core V
---
Blame your fate.
#6BokuxPicoPosted 11/19/2012 1:43:26 AM
Bible Black?
#7DocDelicious(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:45:15 AM
Actually, the lizard things in Dark Void remind me a lot of the boss in this game except, in this, it was much bigger and more mechanical looking. I remember the character wearing what looked like a white/grey skin-suit with black pieces of futuristic armor over top and a helmet that would fold up inside the armor on his torso. The "jetpack" portion of it just looked like small vents on his back (like Vanquish but less pronounced) that would move as he changed direction and he had four directional "jets"; two on his forearms and two on his heels/feet.
It's literally like Vanquish meets Dark Void but with a darker artstyle.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Demon's Souls, MGS HD Col, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, ZOE HD Col, Resident Evil 6 Mercs, DMC HD Col
PSN: DocDelicious
#8Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 11/19/2012 1:58:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 11/19/2012 1:59:04 AM
Giant Enemy Crab?
---
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/89/31/airplanes-luftwaffe_00318931.jpg
#10Kage-MaruPosted 11/19/2012 2:00:06 AM
sounds like lost planet 2, if it is, the game sucks, the story is one of the worst ever and it feels repetitive
---
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.