This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Truly Depressing games? *no spoilers please*

#121Ichiko_368(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:51:24 PM
Thanks for everyone responding. Really good suggestions and i'm going to try and check a bunch of them out.
Also i do own a Wii and 360 so Fragile and Lost Odyssey are welcome suggestions, i actually own Lost Odyssey but haven't had time to play it, busy with work and i try not to have to many RPGs going at once (currently playing Blue Dragon and Persona 3) but i may have to check it out anyway.

Also i really wanna play Corpse Party but i live in Australia and it hasn't come to our PSN. If it does or did, i'd buy it for my Vita.

Rai_Jin posted...
Ecco? (it is in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection...)

You know what's funny? i played that on the collection and i'd agree with you, that game is weird.

hideousfranchis posted...
Lucifers call.
Greatest game ever.

I actually have that and it's my favorite RPG ever, definetly falls under what i'm looking for, that game just feels grim from the beginning.

I_caught_fire posted...
Can't believe no ones mentioned Persona 3. I was pretty young when I played it, and I had to stop playing it for a while at times. The themes affected me pretty bad. It made me have my first existential crisis. :P

Haha i was actually playing Persona 3 on my psp and that's why i made this topic. I'll be getting Persona 4 Golden for Vita and i wanna try and track down the other psp ones.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.
#122StealthlysPosted 11/19/2012 7:54:05 PM
Spurner posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Spurner posted...
Also, I'm kind of surprised nobody has mentioned a certain scene in FF7. There was a time that was like the default answer for this type of question. I guess time heals all back wounds.

Or new games come out, that are depressing, and we stop playing in the 90s.

So you're saying "old" games aren't worth mentioning? By that logic Zeppelin, Queen, and the Beatles wouldn't warrant a mention in a discussion about great bands.

So you're interrupting what i'm thinking? K.

Just saiyan FF7 Isn't the greatest.

#123SkandraePosted 11/19/2012 8:34:40 PM
Skandrae posted...
If we can count PSN, Odin Sphere.
It's awfully, horribly depressing. I keep wanting to beat it a second time, but then I remember I'll have to watch the story again.

Now that I look at it, this makes it seem like I was saying the story was bad.

It was actually really good, just had a horribly depressing ending.
---
Witty game-related comment.
#124peter_888Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:29 PM
nier on the second playthrough can get pretty depressing
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#125NessEggmanPosted 11/19/2012 8:43:49 PM
I just want to agree with Lost Odyssey. That game had me crying...

Final Fantasy IX, despite its playful appearance, has a lot of depressing moments and themes.

And I enjoyed Heavy Rain though I'm sure it was talked about further in the topic (only read first and last page)

It's PS2, but Innocent Life is depressing, though it is about turning a depressing situation around so it gets less depressing as it goes, and always has a bit of a hopeful feel... But it still feels depressing to me.

There is a gamecube game I am thinking of but can't remember... IDK if you play GC games on your Wii tho.
---
Just wake me up when Tokimeki Memorial 4 is announced.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin For fishing.
#126SpurnerPosted 11/19/2012 8:48:37 PM
Stealthlys posted...
Spurner posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Spurner posted...
Also, I'm kind of surprised nobody has mentioned a certain scene in FF7. There was a time that was like the default answer for this type of question. I guess time heals all back wounds.

So you're saying "old" games aren't worth mentioning? By that logic Zeppelin, Queen, and the Beatles wouldn't warrant a mention in a discussion about great bands.

I never said FF7 was the greatest anything. I simply made an observation and you chose the "OMG, get with the times" douchey remark.
#127StealthlysPosted 11/19/2012 10:36:21 PM
Spurner posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Spurner posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Spurner posted...

I never said FF7 was the greatest anything. I simply made an observation and you chose the "OMG, get with the times" douchey remark.

You never said, i was just saiyan.
#128SayoriaPosted 11/19/2012 10:40:32 PM
Valkyria Chronicles had a super depressing scene mid-game.

Atelier Totori also had a very depressing scene mid-game if you got far enough.

The stories of the folks in the bar in Catherine were all pretty depressing. 5 folks for you to help out, and all are just sad.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#129hi123456789282Posted 11/20/2012 4:46:51 AM
Valkyrie Profile is depressing till the one of the endings, not exactly depressing but a bit dark though. One of the other endings also feels a bit dark. The sequel is dark and the ending is depressing. IMO, better than the original though. Both are amazing overall.
#130IAmNOTMcLovinPosted 11/20/2012 4:49:35 AM
Walking dead.
;_;
---
PSN McLovin1177 GT I A Mc Lovin177 YT/LoL/Twitter IceTubesCOD