This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Truly Depressing games? *no spoilers please*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Truly Depressing games? *no spoilers please*

User Info: Ebb1993

Ebb1993
4 years ago#71
The fact that R-Type is the most depressing shooter series I've ever played made me want to denounce it and go for Gradius instead, which is arguably much better than R-Type.

User Info: LimblessQuasar

LimblessQuasar
4 years ago#72
Dark/Demon's Souls have very brooding atmospheres. Not what I would call depressing really, but definitely very dark. And there are some moments in Demon's Souls that tugged a bit, and those were very well done Imo.

Nier also, it's kind of just one those games that makes you wonder how they ever got funding for it. A gem for anyone looking for some alternative/tragedy/depression.

For PS2, check out Ico/SotC (they also have that HD collection), Ico is beautiful in a sad way, SotC is mostly just sad. Both of these are highly abstract though, so maybe not your thing.

I wish I had some original suggestions, but atm I can't think of any games that have moved me much. Off to go find me a copy of Terranigma I guess...
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_

User Info: TehTrumpCard

TehTrumpCard
4 years ago#73
Clannad. Pick any route except maybe Ryou's and that random guy character that's only in the game.

Air. The main route.

Mega Man X4. What am I fighting for!!!!!!!!!!!
"Set your dreams high, and make them come true. You can aim higher than this, much higher!"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
4 years ago#74
Although it has been so many years I cannot remember the story, I do remember reaching a certain point in Secret of Mana that really bummed me out.

Also, I'm kind of surprised nobody has mentioned a certain scene in FF7. There was a time that was like the default answer for this type of question. I guess time heals all back wounds.

User Info: Firaxis5050

Firaxis5050
4 years ago#75
DocDelicious posted...
Journey

Simultaneously the most heart-warming and depressing game of all time.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear- not the absence of it." - Mark Twain
PSN ID: F33R_K1LL5

User Info: redskinStu

redskinStu
4 years ago#76
The first Silent Hill game, especially "The Evil Hospital," etc.

User Info: Stealthlys

Stealthlys
4 years ago#77
Spurner posted...
Although it has been so many years I cannot remember the story, I do remember reaching a certain point in Secret of Mana that really bummed me out.

Also, I'm kind of surprised nobody has mentioned a certain scene in FF7. There was a time that was like the default answer for this type of question. I guess time heals all back wounds.

Or new games come out, that are depressing, and we stop playing in the 90s.

User Info: Zopharoth

Zopharoth
4 years ago#78
I have to echo The Walking Dead--one of my favorite games this year. Mass Effect 3 also comes to mind, and to be clear, it's not because the ending is bad (and IMO it's not as bad as people say).
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard. - Ron Swanson

User Info: OniPiper

OniPiper
4 years ago#79
Telltale's The Walking Dead game is pretty depressing at times. Only four of the five episodes have been released so far for download, but there is a disc version being released in December with all five episodes included if you prefer a physical copy.

User Info: Gam3r777

Gam3r777
4 years ago#80
Limbo. A complete waste of $15 if you ask me.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Truly Depressing games? *no spoilers please*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived