This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I fear ps+ coming to vita is going to water down ps+ overall

#1SophisticationPosted 11/19/2012 1:16:39 PM
I can already see the content on the ps3 side slipping into mediocre again. I own the vita, never play it much, but them giving away games on vita is only going to take away from the focus on ps3. I've got golden abyss, so I won't be venturing back into it again. My god it was horrorid.

I also hate seeing the ps3 games being watered down to run on vita... vita is holding back ps3 power.

All stars
Sly cooper
Ratchet and clank full frontal

And many others are cross play... what's this say about the ps3? None of these games are talking advantage of the cell. This is why this generation needs to end. Let ps3 further water itself down into vitas level... give me games that can only run on a console.

I
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#2ManuKesnaPosted 11/19/2012 1:17:51 PM
I also hate seeing the ps3 games being watered down to run on vita... vita is holding back ps3 power.

All stars
Sly cooper
Ratchet and clank full frontal

this, i hate this =/
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#3yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 1:34:03 PM
I dont really agree on "watered" down games just because of the VIta. Its not like they dev a game on the Vita and then port it over to the PS3. Its usually the opposite...IE MGS HD.

In regards to PS+ I cant speak to as I just joined last week. But right off the bat I got these PS3 games:

Infamous 2
LBP2
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 5
Outland
Scott Pilgrim
etc

I dont think that watered down at all.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#4MourningReignsPosted 11/19/2012 1:36:13 PM
It's essentially a copy of Nintendo's Ambassador program, except you have to pay for it.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#5yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 1:37:52 PM
MourningReigns posted...
It's essentially a copy of Nintendo's Ambassador program, except you have to pay for it.

Does Nintendo's ambassador program swap games out every month or a one time thing? Also, wasnt PS+ around before the ambassador program?

Sony has stated they will have 12 PS3 and 6 Vita games available for DL at no additional cost at all times.
---
#6MourningReignsPosted 11/19/2012 1:40:20 PM
yankee6903 posted...
MourningReigns posted...

Does Nintendo's ambassador program swap games out every month or a one time thing? Also, wasnt PS+ around before the ambassador program?

Sony has stated they will have 12 PS3 and 6 Vita games available for DL at no additional cost at all times.

No, I'm saying it is in regards to early adopters of a Vita. Both the PS3 and Vita had crap releases and were overpriced, so they felt they needed to help the owners out by giving them stuff.

The difference is all the games Nintendo gave to early 3DS adopters don't need a subscription to hold on to them, but the Vita's requires it.

I guess you can say you get newer games with the PS+, but that's also because Sony has so little amount of Vita units out there, they have to give something larger.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:40:56 PM
yankee6903 posted...
I dont really agree on "watered" down games just because of the VIta. Its not like they dev a game on the Vita and then port it over to the PS3. Its usually the opposite...IE MGS HD.

In regards to PS+ I cant speak to as I just joined last week. But right off the bat I got these PS3 games:

Infamous 2
LBP2
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 5
Outland
Scott Pilgrim
etc

Those games were offered before vita plus came... you will see the games being less and less appealing from here on out.

As for vita not watering down the ps3 games... how could they not? Ps3 is vastly morev powerful. The cell alone cripples vita. Either way you want to cut this the developers are either making vita games or they are making ps3 games with vita in mind. It's nor good no matter how you look at.... from a power specs perspective of course.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#8OtakuGameraPosted 11/19/2012 1:43:26 PM
No, I'm saying it is in regards to early adopters of a Vita. Both the PS3 and Vita had crap releases and were overpriced, so they felt they needed to help the owners out by giving them stuff.

The difference is all the games Nintendo gave to early 3DS adopters don't need a subscription to hold on to them, but the Vita's requires it.

I guess you can say you get newer games with the PS+, but that's also because Sony has so little amount of Vita units out there, they have to give something larger.

except the ambassador program isnt something to hold you on, it's a "im sorry i ripped you off" things. also, nintendo did not give you the ambassador games, you payed 80$ for it.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#9yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 1:44:02 PM
Sophistication posted...
yankee6903 posted...

Infamous 2
LBP2
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 5
Outland
Scott Pilgrim
etc

Those games were offered before vita plus came... you will see the games being less and less appealing from here on out.

As for vita not watering down the ps3 games... how could they not? Ps3 is vastly morev powerful. The cell alone cripples vita. Either way you want to cut this the developers are either making vita games or they are making ps3 games with vita in mind. It's nor good no matter how you look at.... from a power specs perspective of course.

You make the assumption that the game is only developed once for both systems. I dont think thats the case. Please provide proof showing that a game was made worse just because its on the Vita.
---
#10MourningReignsPosted 11/19/2012 1:44:53 PM
OtakuGamera posted...

except the ambassador program isnt something to hold you on, it's a "im sorry i ripped you off" things. also, nintendo did not give you the ambassador games, you payed 80$ for it.

So, early Vita adopters shouldn't feel ripped off? They still haven't dropped the price, and you have to add a subscription on top.

Early Vita owners were as screwed as early 3DS owners.
---