This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people wanting a Playstation 3 Successor so early?

#1MacBookAirPosted 11/19/2012 3:26:43 PM
The PS3 was designed to last for a long time. There are STILL games in the pipeline for 2013 AND 2014, First and Third party. Doesn't it seem way to early to be asking for a new Playstation, or even an Xbox?

Yes, the Wii U is out, but it's something we've already had. A majority of the games are 7th gen games with the same graphics and a lot are actually LACKING content that the PS3/360/PC versions have.

We have so many great recent games and future upcoming games for the 7th gen Sony & Microsoft platforms. Why are we wanting it so rushed? The New Slim JUST launched recently, along with the Move in recent years (as well as a lot of new console services such as PS+ and the New Store) and the Xbox 360 S + Xbox Kinect just came out not very long ago.

2013 just seems too early, at least for the Playstation. I personally think that MId - Late 2014 is a much better release time, as it gives developers and consumers time to prepare. Coming out with it in just a year is way too fast and rushing it. (Even the Wii U took a year after the initial E3 showing before it came out)
---
No
#2ComfortablySadPosted 11/19/2012 3:28:07 PM
My #1 reason is that the 360/PS3 are so ancient they're starting to hold back PC games.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#3MourningReignsPosted 11/19/2012 3:29:27 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
My #1 reason is that the 360/PS3 are so ancient they're starting to hold back PC games.

Wrong, PCs are holding back consoles. If not for that, we would have much better games and faster development times. Who knows what the graphics could look like by now without PCs.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#4CallmegePosted 11/19/2012 3:31:10 PM
So early? 360 is 7 years old, ps3 is 6. In previous gens they would already be replaced.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#5SeikiKinryuPosted 11/19/2012 3:31:15 PM
We just want newer and shinier graphics.

We don't care at ALL that developers are not being allowed to learn the hardware.
#6ComfortablySadPosted 11/19/2012 3:32:26 PM
SeikiKinryu posted...

We don't care at ALL that developers are not being allowed to learn the hardware.

They've had 6+ years already...
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#7RomangeloPosted 11/19/2012 3:36:44 PM(edited)
early?

the PS3 have a GeForce 7800 GPU FFS!!

it barely support 1080p resolution.

and when you compare those multi-platform games between PS3 and PC version, you'll see a lot of differences. PS3 has crappier graphics, especially the blurry textures in the further spot. when you look at the far places in GTA, AssCreed, etc. you can't see anything because it all blurred.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#8MacBookAir(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:32:53 PM
Callmege posted...
So early? 360 is 7 years old, ps3 is 6. In previous gens they would already be replaced.

True, but we've new accessories such as the Kinect and Move/Wonderbook, which were designed to kickstart the consoles for a few more years (Microsoft even said the Kinect was supposed to keep the Xbox alive until 2014), whereas the other consoles never got such a breath of life towards EOC.
---
No
#9SeikiKinryuPosted 11/19/2012 3:33:19 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
SeikiKinryu posted...

They've had 6+ years already...

And only now are they actually taking advantage of our hardware.

Don't act like they need to be on top of things 5 seconds after a hardware upgrade.

THEY don't make the call on whether hardware steps up or not.
#10toadiemanPosted 11/19/2012 3:36:36 PM
Better graphics on a new system = better games. duh.
---
PSN: toadieman