This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people wanting a Playstation 3 Successor so early?

#21RagnoraokPosted 11/19/2012 3:28:23 PM
king_madden posted...
well its been awhile since people have had the chance to complain about how much everything costs. So now they want the next consoles to come out so they can start complaining again.

well at least thats why gamefaqs is ready. I dont know how many people outside of gamefaqs is really ready

what, where have you been with all the dlc scandals? I honestly hope that Sony just makes their online network more stable, and NEVER upgrades to a ps4. there is really no need other than better graphics, which unless you have the most modern hdtvs, it does not really matter. I am STILL waiting for the promised KH 3 on the PS3.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#22KatonPosted 11/19/2012 3:31:56 PM
I'm not in a hurry for a new console at all. I'm very content with the PS3.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#23nihilist212Posted 11/19/2012 3:38:21 PM
Katon posted...

Yeah, this. I don't care when/if a new one comes out.
---
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero
#24GensokyoPosted 11/19/2012 3:52:14 PM
nihilist212 posted...
Katon posted...

Yeah, this. I don't care when/if a new one comes out.

This. The PS3 will still last a long time for me.
#25chiefofsb78Posted 11/19/2012 3:55:09 PM
Why do people think games will stop being made for the PS3 just because the PS4 is released it still will be awhile before PS3 is done this is not Xbox even the PS2 still gets games after all these years
And it doesnt matter if we ask or not thats part of the business release your product keeping up with the competition staying relevant and making money
#26Eternal_Dream21Posted 11/19/2012 4:03:14 PM
I'd be fine with PS3 for another 2 years, honestly. I don't see why they should hurry up or anything.
#27BokuxPicoPosted 11/19/2012 4:04:33 PM
I don't care about the PS4 at this point. What can the PS4 offer besides slightly better graphics. I'm not willing to spend 400-700 bucks for that.
#28Killingjoke_666Posted 11/19/2012 4:14:24 PM
the games of this gen will be cheaper
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#29glory of power metalPosted 11/19/2012 4:24:45 PM
I'm going to call it right now, and I'm sure at least a few people will agree. If (hypothetically) a new PS/Xbox model was released in let's say 4th quarter '13, a year from now, major releases would continue for the PS3, and that's nothing new, and has been seen every generation before this. BUT, and this applies strongly for last gen, the HD jump played a major part in the generation switch. Going from a PS2 to a PS3 was a big move from a visual standpoint.

This gen, and I'm purely speculating off of nothing, Blu-ray is still kind of seen as a new technology. 3D never took off , and something like 3k or 4k is still simply unfeasible for home entertainment. I think that the PSN store, Xbox Live Arcade, Steam, and whatever that Wii thing is called show that ultra-realistic is cool and all, but people are fine with simpler experiences and aren't so desperate to jump onto the next generation of "YOU CAN SEE THE BEADS OF SWEAT AND FRAGMENTS OF BONE WHEN THIS DUDE ****ING EXPLODES."

In short we have
- Graphics that fully emulate facial expressions, natural environments and war physics that still continue to improve year by year
- Multiplayer communities that are enormous and continue to grow
- A medium that allows indie publishers to release titles that are cheap, fun, and exude a retro quality that clearly a lot of people are into, as well as bigger publishers to reboot (maybe not the best word, but you know what I mean) classic franchises like Castlevania, Megaman, and Contra, while also offering cheap port downloads of the classics themselves (Sonic, Gunstar Heroes, Final Fantasies, ect).
- And all fully operational on HDTVs, which will very much be a standard for a few years to come.

My humble opinion is that gaming hit it's pinnacle this gen.
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#30agrissaPosted 11/19/2012 4:33:43 PM
Well I don't want a PS4. $599 USD for slight upgrade in graphics? No thanks.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.