This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation+

#11djrudenPosted 11/19/2012 5:31:53 PM
I'm on my second year of PS+ and absolutely love it. I was a naysayer at first when it was announced and at times the games they give out I already have but even with that I've gotten to play lots of games I pry wouldn't have checked out and ended up really liking.

Plus the avatars and themes are awesome and you keep those forever.

And the online storage is a nice addition.

And by far the BEST FEATURE is the auto-updating. Everyday your PS3 will turn on at a time of your choosing and check for system updates and updates for all your recently played games so next time you sit down to play you wont have to wait for the updates to dl and install.
#12PancakesRock15(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:29:10 PM
djruden posted...
I'm on my second year of PS+ and absolutely love it. I was a naysayer at first when it was announced and at times the games they give out I already have but even with that I've gotten to play lots of games I pry wouldn't have checked out and ended up really liking.

Plus the avatars and themes are awesome and you keep those forever.

And the online storage is a nice addition.

And by far the BEST FEATURE is the auto-updating. Everyday your PS3 will turn on at a time of your choosing and check for system updates and updates for all your recently played games so next time you sit down to play you wont have to wait for the updates to dl and install.

Holy crap. Do you have to have the disc in the system or does it just do it always?
---
Now playing: UC3, GT5, FF7
PSN: Ultimatepancake
#13SolidLiquid25Posted 11/19/2012 7:35:12 PM
No it updates all your recent games patches/system updates at the time of day you choose, and uploads save data to your cloud saves.
---
"Dammit Jim, That's not what you promised!!"
Baker Armstech
#14PancakesRock15(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:40:05 PM
SolidLiquid25 posted...
No it updates all your recent games patches/system updates at the time of day you choose, and uploads save data to your cloud saves.

wow that's amazing
---
#15MantisoPosted 11/20/2012 6:34:39 PM
It depends largely on what type of gamer you are. If you have a modest sized gaming library and are open to new games that you might otherwise overlook, it's well worth it. But if you already own loads of games and prefer to stick with what you know, it might not offer as much.
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev
#16Forever_BlackPosted 11/20/2012 6:41:34 PM
worth it. I have such a huge backlog of games because of it. I was a naysayer for the longest until my brother brought it. I first claimed he was an idiot and that it was useless only later to find out that there were so many free games. Fun games at that and its only $50 bucks a year. Cheap. $50 can buy you a game or two but with PS+, it'll buy you dozens of games. It all depends on how open you are to playing games you wouldn't normally buy.
---
The only b word you should call a b**** is beautiful
#17hockeybub89Posted 11/20/2012 6:42:15 PM
If you play a lot of games and are always open to new ones, it's for you. If you care a lot about cloud storage and auto updates, it's for you. If you fit neither of those criteria, it's not for you.

Also, it is not comparable to Xbox Live Gold. They are completely different ideas. One is paying $60 a year to access the online portion of your video games. The other is $50 a year to get a bunch of downloadable games and content at a substantial discount.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#18PancakesRock15(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 8:34:17 AM
hockeybub89 posted...
If you play a lot of games and are always open to new ones, it's for you. If you care a lot about cloud storage and auto updates, it's for you. If you fit neither of those criteria, it's not for you.

Also, it is not comparable to Xbox Live Gold. They are completely different ideas. One is paying $60 a year to access the online portion of your video games. The other is $50 a year to get a bunch of downloadable games and content at a substantial discount.

Wow haha sucks for Xboxers
---