This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is Playstation Plus?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is Playstation Plus?

User Info: NeedforWWEUG2

NeedforWWEUG2
4 years ago#1
I'm confused, as I used to have a ps3 a few years ago, I was going to get one on black Friday but I keep hearing about this Playstation plus. Is internet gaming not free anymore? And if its not is it cheaper/more expensive/same as Xbox Live?

Thanks.

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
4 years ago#2
It's a subscription service that offers a rotation of downloadable games, extra discounts, some exclusive themes and avatars, the occasional beta, cloud storage for saves, and automated downloads/uploads/trophy syncing.

Online play is still free.
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: Monoculus

Monoculus
4 years ago#3
PlayStation Plus is just a bonus subscription service. Basically, the perks are as follows:
-Free PS3 and Vita games while you're a member (at least 10 at start and at least one or two a month)
--When your subscription expires you lose access, but subscribing again lets you play any previously-downloaded game
-Exclusive sales
-Cloud saves
-Automatic updates (your PS3 can be scheduled to turn on, check for, download and install updates and sync trophies)
-Other stuff I can't think of right at the moment

It's non-mandatory; online gaming, access to video apps, etc. are still free, unlike Xbox Live.
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What is Playstation Plus?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived