This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth creating EU Store account?

#1Ochd12Posted 11/19/2012 7:15:16 PM
I believe it's possible to create an account for the store outside your area. Is it worth it? Are there many games, for example, in the EU store that aren't in the US store? I'm not talking about a Plus subscription, just regular use of the store.

How do you do this? Can you use your current PSN ID? Can you use your regular credit card? How would I go about setting it up?

Thanks.
#2Patty_FleurPosted 11/19/2012 7:29:43 PM
I have a Japanese PSN account and a Hong Kong PSN account and a North American one. I'm pretty sure you can make a Eurpean one but I don't see whats so special about that. What games does it have on there?

Like for me, I have some japanes games and I have to go on the japanese psn for the dlc for them. I buy japanese psn points from ebay or something. So I don't need a credit card. But yeah, i'm wondering whats so special about a european account.
---
Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
#3D_Rich_KingPosted 11/19/2012 7:32:49 PM
Ochd12 posted...
I believe it's possible to create an account for the store outside your area. Is it worth it? Are there many games, for example, in the EU store that aren't in the US store? I'm not talking about a Plus subscription, just regular use of the store.

How do you do this? Can you use your current PSN ID? Can you use your regular credit card? How would I go about setting it up?

Thanks.

I wouldn't bother. EU store sucks compared to US. Some games never even make it to our PSN.
---
DLC is a method of Corporate Profiteering. Will You buy into it?
#4y3kmanPosted 11/19/2012 7:38:21 PM
Is it worth it?
IMO, no. The higher cost is one of the major obstacle. They rarely give freebies but EU PSN gave away 1-month PS+ trials a few weeks back.

Are there many games, for example, in the EU store that aren't in the US store?
Well, there are some games that are only available in th EU store. But still, the store content pales in comparison with the JP and US stores.

How do you do this?
Pick a European country when making an account. You could even make up an imaginary address. Just make sure you remember your e-mail and password.

Can you use your current PSN ID?
No.

Can you use your regular credit card?
No. IIRC, PSN store only accepts credit card if the billing address is the same region as your account.

I personally have 4 accounts. Main accounts is US. Asia/HK is my secondary. Throwaway ones are JP and EU.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6997-7741 ; PSN: y3kman
Currently playing: One Piece: Pirate Warriors
#5Ghetto_ninjaPosted 11/19/2012 7:43:34 PM
I recommend a UK one they have some good deals. I bought Steel Dragon EX for dirt cheap during a sale. Really awesome game in the vein of Super Start Soldier and Soldier Blade.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#6yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 7:54:24 PM
I have multiple accounts, but I use it mostly for the VIta. Works out well for handhelds where they seem to localize less and/or have games months later (looking at you Persona4).
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#7Ichiko_368Posted 11/19/2012 7:56:21 PM
It's worth it. I have a EU and a US account (i live in AUS) and i bought Walking Dead off the US one (bought psn card from ebay) and the game was banned i guess because it hasn't been on the AUS PSN.
---
"Vince does not like the universe, so he created his own and he is the ruler of that kingdom." - Paul Heyman.