This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

First PlayStation All-Stars review is an 8.5/10

#31theofficefan99Posted 11/19/2012 11:51:13 PM
jubjub360 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
LOL

You guys.

Actually read the review. It's HILARIOUS how terribly written it is. See for yourself.

I have it bookmarked. Flying to NJ tomorrow so I won't be able to read it until then.

I promise you, you'll laugh. The writing is really, really atrocious.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#32Deimos259Posted 11/19/2012 11:58:41 PM
Motsu posted...
Well, I am sure Capcom is going to help Sony toss some money to reviewers to help get DmC's reputation up.

Lets go with that
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#33BenzychenzPosted 11/20/2012 12:02:44 AM
I'll get it early next year when it's $20.
---
I don't have a sig
#34PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:03:01 AM
jubjub360 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
jubjub360 posted...
What explanation? That I don't care about review scores when you obviously need to because you need reassurance? Ok

Your whole "I was looking at it from the perspective of someone else" explanation is complete bull**** and everyone could see that. Rather than say you didnt care about reviews, you immediately chose to focus on the popularity of the site. You simply tripped on me stating the obvious which is you would have said it was a paid score if it were a well known site by saying you dont care about reviews when your gut reaction was to value the popularity of the review site above all else

Fun fact: you can look through the eyes of people and see why they do things. Why do people play CoD? Because they like the quick pick up and play style of gameplay. Why do people listen to review sites that are actually popular like IGN? Because they have been around long enough to make a name for themselves. Why don't people listen to a small unknown website? Because its a small unknown website. Again, because I pointed out a fact, you made an incorrect assumption that I would say it would be paid off by a popular site.

Why do you keep responding to me when you know you've lost? The website is unknown. People who care about review scores will get it from a known site. Unless you are the one who wrote the review, get over it.

Looking through the eyes of someone else is never your gut reaction, you showed yours. It is incredibly dumb and presumptuous to say that people who care about reviews just care about the big name sites. Just because they get most attention because of their popularity? In the end lesser sites scores only go unnoticed because they are in a sea of similar scores but most people *still* consider every score. Even when a no name site gives a review a bad score they get tons of attention.

It is the first score of the game, and since you, me, and most others havent played the game it is worth noting. Saying "you lost" is just pathetic and makes you look even weaker than you did with your crap explanation
---
PSVita & 3DS
#35zemzeroPosted 11/20/2012 2:15:30 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
jubjub360 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
jubjub360 posted...
What explanation? That I don't care about review scores when you obviously need to because you need reassurance? Ok

Your whole "I was looking at it from the perspective of someone else" explanation is complete bull**** and everyone could see that. Rather than say you didnt care about reviews, you immediately chose to focus on the popularity of the site. You simply tripped on me stating the obvious which is you would have said it was a paid score if it were a well known site by saying you dont care about reviews when your gut reaction was to value the popularity of the review site above all else

Fun fact: you can look through the eyes of people and see why they do things. Why do people play CoD? Because they like the quick pick up and play style of gameplay. Why do people listen to review sites that are actually popular like IGN? Because they have been around long enough to make a name for themselves. Why don't people listen to a small unknown website? Because its a small unknown website. Again, because I pointed out a fact, you made an incorrect assumption that I would say it would be paid off by a popular site.

Why do you keep responding to me when you know you've lost? The website is unknown. People who care about review scores will get it from a known site. Unless you are the one who wrote the review, get over it.

Looking through the eyes of someone else is never your gut reaction, you showed yours. It is incredibly dumb and presumptuous to say that people who care about reviews just care about the big name sites. Just because they get most attention because of their popularity? In the end lesser sites scores only go unnoticed because they are in a sea of similar scores but most people *still* consider every score. Even when a no name site gives a review a bad score they get tons of attention.

It is the first score of the game, and since you, me, and most others havent played the game it is worth noting. Saying "you lost" is just pathetic and makes you look even weaker than you did with your crap explanation

Review scores mean nothing, review scores coming from some unheard of website mean even less. Sorry but that's the way it is.
#36zemzeroPosted 11/20/2012 2:18:21 AM
Besides, that review is for the vita and the reviewer sounds completely biased...come on now.
#37jubjub360Posted 11/20/2012 7:28:32 AM
zemzero posted...
Besides, that review is for the vita and the reviewer sounds completely biased...come on now.

It literally is a reassurance topic.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#38imsalingawayPosted 11/20/2012 7:48:27 AM
zemzero posted...

Isn't every single review ever biased? Its literally how a reviewer judges a game, by having his own personal ideas about video games and judging this one in comparison to those. That's like saying you want an unbiased review of a movie from Roger Ebert. If you have a completely unbiased review of anything, its going to just be a summary of the plot because you wont have opinions on anything. Really it just seems like people who dislike this game are trying to convince everyone that this review "doesn't count" because it's not from a popular site (even though it clearly does and will be factored into Metacritic). I'm not even going to pick up the game at first, but c'mon. You guys can try harder than that.
#39snellaiappanPosted 11/20/2012 7:57:07 AM
oh thank god. i can sleep better now.
---
If i am not back in 5 minutes... just wait longer.