This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#41imsalingawayPosted 11/20/2012 7:45:52 AM
A lot if people, for right or wrong, think of FF7 as the best Final Fantasy. Staff over at Square-Enix have said that when they remake FF7, it might end up being the swan song for the company as a whole.

I would really, really like a remake of FF7, but it's not going to happen for a while. Square is going to want to get their graphics up to a certain level and then become comfortable with that level of graphical design before they even begin to plan that sort of thing.

Basically I know they want to do it, but they seriously don't want to muck it up. Maybe next gen if we're lucky. Though I'm still hoping we get a complete remake of FF6 first.
#42SayoriaPosted 11/20/2012 7:49:48 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Motsu posted...
Because it is far easier to build a game from the ground up than trying to color in the lines. People don't understand how long, and how much it would take to get this made.

well the first one took them about 12 years and almost a thousand staff. Now lets overhaul pretty much everything and VA it and it'll only take ...........

hmmmm.... Account for other projects and .......

26 years! I'm sure the FF7 fanboys could wait that long to find fault with everything theyd have to fix :P

Probably longer. Hell, FFVS13 is being built from the ground, and look how long ago we got that. They have no restrictions of making a snowboarding game that matches an earlier game..... or a breeding game or a motorbike scene, having buildings match and scaled correctly and so on. Having to follow that outline and keep everything scaled and good looking, they would have to remove alot of the freedom/overworld, and that would piss so many people off. Otttttttttherwise, yeah, if people want it, expect a very, very, veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#43Hash062Posted 11/20/2012 7:53:47 AM
Topic of the YEAR.

I agree, because if they had started working on FFVII instead of all the FFXIII related bs, they would've finished by now. And they would be drowning in obscene amounts of ca$h. Instead, look at them scrambling to release some mediocre sequels to reduce losses.
#44Godly_GoofPosted 11/20/2012 7:58:01 AM
imsalingaway posted...
A lot if people, for right or wrong, think of FF7 as the best Final Fantasy. Staff over at Square-Enix have said that when they remake FF7, it might end up being the swan song for the company as a whole.

I would really, really like a remake of FF7, but it's not going to happen for a while. Square is going to want to get their graphics up to a certain level and then become comfortable with that level of graphical design before they even begin to plan that sort of thing.

Basically I know they want to do it, but they seriously don't want to muck it up. Maybe next gen if we're lucky. Though I'm still hoping we get a complete remake of FF6 first.

Honestly I'd rather see them do a full anime series for FF6. It really does have the perfect pacing to make it work flawlessly. That and seeing the full Opera scene or The Warring Triad on the Floating Continent or When Kefka just slaughters Leo or the Esper raid on him would be phenominal. Not to mention the first time they open the seal :3
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#45Lelouch71Posted 11/20/2012 8:12:11 AM
I really find these funny and hypocritical at the same time. Some people complain and trash SE for making games they don't like and think they are going downhill. Yet they want that same company to make them a remake. You would think these same whiners wouldn't trust SE with FFVII. Like I keep saying this is one dog that needs to continue sleeping.

Although I hope it get remade for the 3DS or Wii U just for the sheer chaos and entertainment. The amount of butthurt would be on a wider scale than FFXIII going multiplat.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#46ZephyriuumPosted 11/20/2012 8:21:33 AM
4dfmaEF posted...
Don't ever post again.

---
Who would have fought for a land where blood flows till it clots each river?
#47DuranOfForcenaPosted 11/20/2012 9:03:21 AM
They are never going to remake FFVII because too many things about it are too dated, like the simplistic turn-based battles. If they tried to keep the game true to its essence but just update the graphics, people would say that it's pretty but still dated, thus boring and unengaging. If they tried to update everything, including attempting to renovate the combat system to be more modern, people will say that it's not FFVII and they should have been more true to the essence. There is no middle ground.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#48Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/20/2012 10:31:25 AM
CooperRC posted...
ArronAubin posted...
They aren't close to going bankrupt at all. As much as I hate FF13 1-3, they still sell way too well. Not to mention Eidos is KILLING it for Square.

I don't care for KH, but KH3, Vs 13 and remaking the 6-9 would make them a ton of cash, no doubt.

Stop making sh__y FF games nobody wants. Ditch your garbage MMO.

FF14 may sell far fewer copies than most Final Fantasy games.

However, the game continues to collect money from addicts for months/years to come.

FF11 was Square's most profitable game ever.

That being said, the first version of FF14 bombed so bad (and they had to make it free to play while paying for servers/updates), that FF14 will not make as much money overall as last time.

FINAL FANTASY XIV is guaranteed to make more than FINAL FANTASY XI in the long run, if only due to the fact that it will have the collective fees from an extra whole region FINAL FANTASY XI never had from the beginning.
The PAL PS3 region.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#49pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/20/2012 10:36:05 AM
The only way FFVII is remade is if a current FF game outsells it, most likely versus is the only game that could do it, there quick cash ins with the XIII series will not, I do have to say the 360 version one on its board and this one are even in post by everyone.

SE should not do it as they have lost creditability with most of there fanbase this gen, oh by the way SE would not be rolling in cash with a remake release of FFVII like some people think.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#50Overlord9011Posted 11/20/2012 10:36:19 AM
They have **** tons of money now. FFVII is a saving card for them. If they actually get in financial trouble, it won't take them long to make a FFVII remake.
---
Final Fantasy I-V were great games (IV being the best), VI was... okay?, VII... Meh. I gave up at VIII.