This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#51carsaucePosted 11/20/2012 11:37:41 AM
Um because they don't really need to and that it would not make sense, But I would be happy if they rebooted the whole series and before you troll me I played Final Fantasy 4 when I was 15 years old.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#52MourningReignsPosted 11/20/2012 11:38:14 AM
Why remake it? Just re release it (like they have) and make tons of money off of stupid people. Imagine how many digital sales they got off of the PSN and PC re releases of this game.

They did NOTHING to change the game, and people still gobbled it up .

They should release it again next year and say it's the ultra edition or something because it has new box art.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#53pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/20/2012 11:40:53 AM
From: Overlord9011 | Posted: 11/20/2012 10:36:19 AM | #050
They have **** tons of money now. FFVII is a saving card for them. If they actually get in financial trouble, it won't take them long to make a FFVII remake.
---
Final Fantasy I-V were great games (IV being the best), VI was... okay?, VII... Meh. I gave up at VIII.

You sure of this they continue to post losses everytime a story comes out about them and the fiscal well being. It seems they may be in trouble money wise at this stage, the FFXIV fisaco is still hurting them, and current FF games on consoles are not selling well overall.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#54king_maddenPosted 11/20/2012 11:48:26 AM
MourningReigns posted...
Why remake it? Just re release it (like they have) and make tons of money off of stupid people. Imagine how many digital sales they got off of the PSN and PC re releases of this game.

They should release it again next year and say it's the ultra edition or something because it has new box art.

because not everyone still had the discs from 10+ years ago, not to mention a lot of people prefer digital versions of some games.
#55MourningReignsPosted 11/20/2012 11:49:38 AM
king_madden posted...
MourningReigns posted...

because not everyone still had the discs from 10+ years ago, not to mention a lot of people prefer digital versions of some games.

but, as I said, they don't NEED to remake it. People will buy re releases. It doesn't matter the reason for why it is purchased again.

They are making profits off games they aren't even touching. Even more since they don't have to even manufacture it now, it's all digital.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#56carsaucePosted 11/20/2012 11:53:29 AM
They don't need to remakeit, Crisis Core gives a splash to the FF7 game
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#57Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/20/2012 12:06:18 PM(edited)
The_DOAM posted...
I agree about 7-9 needing to be rerealesed. FF 1-6 have all been tweaked and re-released. Logically you'd think FFVII would be next but they skipped all the Psone FF's and went with FFX HD which still doesn't have a release date.

FF took a dive with me with FFX so I'm not really looking forward to FFX HD. If the do make remake of FF7 I'd like it to be in a collection similar in content to KH HD 1.5. With maybe Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus and information on Before Crisis(Never played this one), Advent Children, and Last Order.

1) Before Crisis Full Game Movie, or Full remake using the Crisis Core engine in HD.
(Awesome game. Huge addition to FINAL FANTASY VII. Entirety of it:
[http://www.ps3youtube.com/?pl=PL075D0E2874407939&sort=position]).
2) Crisis Core HD (+ the non-canon (but basis for Crisis Core) Last Order in HD).
3) Dirge of Cerberus HD + Lost Mission HD (including every single story cutscene of the online in HD).
4) Every Canon Novel (Cases of ..., The Maiden who travels the Planet, etc).
5) Advent Children COMPLETE exactly as it is (all EXTRAS intact, plus Case of Denzel).
6) Original FINAL FANTASY VII in HD (Recent PC version, preferably). Regardless if they remake it or not.
7) IF they want to remake it, it must at least have:
i) Mentioning of every person/project/WEAPON/situation the Compilation introduced.
ii) Correction of Materia colors.
iii) Addition of the new Before Crisis/Crisis Core areas that were not in FINAL FANTASY VII.
iv) And a ton of extra Zack scenes, a few Genesis/Angeal/Hollander/Turks/AVALANCHE flashbacks.
v) Minerva Super Boss Fight.
vi) Not scale the world down to 1:1.
vii) On top of the new technical qualities, like graphics, sound, remixed soundtrack (but with option for original intact), new good translation, and VA.

^ I'd pay tons for that perfect FINAL FANTASY VII Collection, or for any FINAL FANTASY installment done that way.

Like (i.e.) :
-FINAL FANTASY IV COMPLETE COLLECTION (Only needs remake packaged with it too).
-FINAL FANTASY Anniversary (Only needs original soundtrack option like FINAL FANTASY IV COMPLETE COLLECTION) + Dissidia [012] Duodecim : FINAL FANTASY
-FINAL FANTASY II Anniversary (Only needs original soundtrack option like FINAL FANTASY IV COMPLETE COLLECTION).
-FINAL FANTASY III Remake (Only needs true Anniversary remake like FINAL FANTASY Anniversary, FINAL FANTASY II Anniversary and FINAL FANTASY IV COMPLETE COLLECTION).

I hope that FINAL FANTASY X HD includes:

-FINAL FANTASY X [International] HD
-FINAL FANTASY X : Eternal Calm HD
-FINAL FANTASY X-2 [International + Last Mission] HD

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#58William_18Posted 11/20/2012 11:55:59 AM
Hahahahaha, no

FF7 isn't even that great of a game in the first place.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#59Spiroth_KweehhPosted 11/20/2012 11:56:50 AM
EliteGuard99 posted...
FF7 Cloud>=Lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Other versions of Cloud

If they remake VII they will replace the Cloud we know and love with the crappy FFVIII:AC/Dissidia/CC Cloud, who is the worst character they have ever made.

Same character.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#60majin nemesisPosted 11/20/2012 12:13:46 PM(edited)
MourningReigns posted...

well in my case i bought the psn one because my disc 1 no longer works
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage