This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SquareEnix is really dumb and gonna go bankrupt soon unless they remake FF7

#61DiscagePosted 11/20/2012 11:15:22 AM
OP is really dumb and is going to go intelligence bankrupt. I'm sure it's been mentioned but Sleeping Dogs was a success and Deus Ex: HR didn't do to shabby and the Final Fantasy games continue to sale well in Japan.

So, what the hell are you talking about?
---
XBL: This Is A Trick / PSN: Komentra
Steam: Komentra / Game Center (iOS): Komentra
#62pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/20/2012 11:20:49 AM
OP is really dumb and is going to go intelligence bankrupt. I'm sure it's been mentioned but Sleeping Dogs was a success and Deus Ex: HR didn't do to shabby and the Final Fantasy games continue to sale well in Japan.

So, what the hell are you talking about?
---
XBL: This Is A Trick / PSN: Komentra
Steam: Komentra / Game Center (iOS): Komentra

Really because it doesn't seem like it is especially on console, SE just posted another huge loss for 6 month console sales, could have fooled me saying SE is doing well, I guess Eidos continues to be SE saving grace.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#63regsantotomasPosted 11/20/2012 11:22:54 AM
Not doing a remake to appease a segment of vocal fans is one of the SMART things Square-Enx has done this generation.

I think that they can take some good ideas from FFVII and apply it to a future version.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#64nonexistingheroPosted 11/20/2012 11:24:40 AM
LOL

Okay, now I've had my lolz for today.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#65Stanger5150Posted 11/20/2012 11:33:24 AM
I am opposed to a FF VII remake. I know they'll f*** it up without the original crew. They need to leave it alone, and not cater to graphics whores.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Alone in the Dark Inferno, Okami HD, Bioshock 2, Fairytale Fights, Prince of Persia (2008)
#66NightwishPosted 11/20/2012 11:36:02 AM
i dont think a ff7 remake will sell nearly as much as everyone expects
---
PSN: Xnightwish XBL: Xnightwish
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Xnightwish
#67HakaiVeilPosted 11/20/2012 11:37:51 AM
"Square Enix released Kingdom Hearts 3D, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Heroes of Ruin, Quantum Conundrum, Dragon Quest X, and Sleeping Dogs this period. Earlier, Square Enix said sales of a "major HD title" were sluggish.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/05/square-enix-posts-net-loss-after-console-game-sales-fell-short/#lZ8TThAPJVmKdFHE.99
"

The problem with every big company is, unless the sales are astronomical, they are "sluggish".

Sleeping Dogs did well. It didn't do CoD, but it did WELL. And a remake won't help them.

At MOST, they should have remade or prepared some FF for the Vita. Type-0 comes to mind. A system boost title is always helpful for both the maker of the system and the developers.

Time for these companies to realize that they can't expect to keep forking in record profits like Big Oil.
---
Gamefaqs - Where immaturity makes you more important than anyone else.
#68UltimaKeyMasterPosted 11/20/2012 12:02:10 PM
Unless someone pointed it out already, Square ALREADY SAID they won't do it unless they can match the impact FF7 had with a newer game.

Which basically confirms they haven't yet, so no FF7 remake. In the meantime, they can still sit comfortably with their PSN release that people can just shut up and play.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade