This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has this console generation made you cautious of being an early adopter?

#21ArronAubinPosted 11/20/2012 11:44:01 AM
Yes.

Hardware malfunctions
Poor launch lineups
That awful online launch

Plus, you just know that a better model will come along and at a cheaper price. I'm fine with lingering on this gen till a few killer apps are released and it hits a sweet point in price.

I don't care if I don't have the hottest new toy before the next. I'm a smart consumer, I'll have it eventually.
#22AlltraPosted 11/20/2012 11:45:24 AM
Besides that, oftentimes the best games are released at the end of a console's lifespan.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#23pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/20/2012 11:46:36 AM
It seems a lot more people are cautious this time around with the next set of consoles thanks to this gens issues, and wii-u launch is no different, even if I was interested in it glad I didn't get one at launch due to the issues it has.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#24AP3BrainPosted 11/20/2012 11:54:54 AM
I was never an early adopter..... The one time I was was when my parents got me a N64 for Xmas and I loved that system from beginning to end even if launch didn't have that many games. Mario 64 was so amazing to me at the time that I did not really care and the releases that year were for the most part great.

And actually... what made me cautious about being an early adopter was the Xbox.... so little games for that system even if it had Halo.
#25Hello_MeloPosted 11/20/2012 12:05:35 PM
Yes. Xbox 360 had crap games at launch, as did PS3. If you wait two or three years you can clean up. I want to say I'll wait for the PS4 and the new Xbox but I probably won't. I don't know if I'll get a Wii U ever but a Zelda game might sway me.
---
I love you.
#26ab2c4Posted 11/20/2012 4:07:48 PM
For me I would have to say yes. The first round of consoles seem to have the most problems, the highest price, and the least amount of games.
#27jaygoodPosted 11/20/2012 4:11:05 PM
Hardware has nothing to do with it for me. Its all about the games. As soon as a game comes out that I have to have I buy the console.

EASY
---
Currently playing:Borderlands 2 (PS3)
GT/PSN: Quadrunner76
#28Kage_AM2Posted 11/20/2012 4:14:33 PM
I've never been an early adopter of consoles. It's better to wait for the superior hardware revisions at a lower price with more games.
#29WingedRegentPosted 11/20/2012 4:14:43 PM
Was always cautious of being an early adopter to be honest. Closest console we bought to release was the PS2, and that was plagued with the Disc Read Error issue. Learned our lesson here at home. lol Got an Xbox and a Gamecube some time later (Xbox's battery adapter was faulty, however, as some of you may know), and was pretty much set. Xbox was unavoidable in general since the issue was pretty much there until much later in the console's life cycle.

As for the games, I will say that this generation has made me wary on the games themselves more than the consoles. For instance, Assassin's Creed 3.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#30crazyman32Posted 11/20/2012 4:19:47 PM
NO
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM