This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've timed the store boot up 10 xs now (unacceptable)

#1SophisticationPosted 11/20/2012 1:31:12 AM
With stopwatch...

Wtf is going on here? Really? Seriously? It's all over the map and all the times recorded are unacceptable. The store should boot within 5 seconds. Nothing more. This is offensive and lunacy of the highest order of pandemonium there is. The store layout already makes me wanna vomit and not buy anything from it... the loading makes me not even wanna venture into it even more. And, to top things all off... the damn download list is still asinine beyond belief. Why the hell can't they categorize the damn purchased content away from the demos and junk? Why? Why can't it be easy to redownload what you have instead of suffering thru 1400 downloads, mixed with demos, dlc and other junk. It's stupid, all of it.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/20/2012 1:36:18 AM
Yeah. The screen stays black for ages, just to give you a loading icon when something eventually does show up on-screen. The original store only took 5 seconds to load everything up.
#3Junpei_StupeiPosted 11/20/2012 1:40:38 AM(edited)
They hired a group of American developers to do the new PS store for the Western regions because the people in the region wanted it to look and feel like the Xbox 360 dashboard.

The Japanese still have the old one, which says something about their high standards of quality.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#4Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/20/2012 1:48:32 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
They hired a group of American developers to do the new PS store for the Western regions because the people in the region wanted it to look and feel like the Xbox 360 dashboard.

The Japanese still have the old one, which says something about their better quality and standards.

The 360's menus actually run properly though. Even the PS3's in-game home menu is trash in comparison to the 360's, just like how Achievments > Trophies. It's funny how Sony always try to stay a step ahead with their advancements in technology, but yet always end up two steps behind when it comes to the simple things like user-friendly streamlined interfaces. Sony need to stop thinking so big and planning everything for the future, and start getting with the times of the present. Because sometimes the little conveniences make the biggest deal.
#5Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 1:50:44 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Junpei_Stupei posted...

The Japanese still have the old one, which says something about their better quality and standards.

The 360's menus actually run properly though. Even the PS3's in-game home menu is trash in comparison to the 360's, just like how Achievments > Trophies. It's funny how Sony always try to stay a step ahead with their advancements in technology, but yet always end up two steps behind when it comes to the simple things like user-friendly streamlined interfaces. Sony need to stop thinking so big and planning everything for the future, and start getting with the times of the present. Because sometimes the little conveniences make the biggest deal.

Agree. 110%
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#6CrimsonGear80Posted 11/20/2012 1:52:13 AM
they see you trollin'....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#7Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/20/2012 2:19:36 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

Legitimate concern is not trolling. Sony are making an awful habit out of creating non-user-friendly interfaces. I just don't want this to turn into common practice.

There was absolutely no reason to update the store layout. It wasn't broken, therefore required no "fixing". And it wasn't that long ago that we had even updated to the previous store interface. If Sony are adamant with updating things then do it to something that actually needs it, like the in-game XMB.
#8CrimsonGear80Posted 11/20/2012 3:52:45 AM
There was absolutely no reason to update the store layout. It wasn't broken

Searching was absolutely broken. It is much better now. the interface is less cluttered and in more order, or do you not remember them just throwing new releases onto a single page?

The store is the way it is so that they can update it with patches if they need to to make it better, or do you want to download new firmwares everytime they want to improve it?

Legitimate concern is not trolling.

No, but being a known troll and trolling is.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#9ElDudorinoPosted 11/20/2012 4:11:00 AM
CrimsonGear80: All of the things you just listed are reasons why I hate the new PS Store. I listed my search results in another topic here because they made no sense and were a pain to navigate; I was given several duplicates under "exact matches" or whatever, except despite having the same picture and name they clearly were NOT the same thing because one did nothing while the other was a game. THEN it went on to list those same duplicates again under the close matches. This was when searching for "Kart."

I find the layout terrible now, with giant Windows 8 chiclets of games I don't care about hogging up the left half of the screen with a half-page ad followed by smaller chiclets of the stuff I might care about. "New Releases" now ONLY lists this week's releases, so I have to look somewhere else for "Semi-New Releases." Some of the menus are redundant, or SEEM redundant but aren't because the stuff you'd expect to find isn't there. The whole thing is a mess.

At least SOMEONE likes it, though. I'm just glad I don't use the PS Store very much since Sony broke the store's support of a huge number of credit cards in like 2009 or 2010 and never fixed it, so my Visa no longer works.
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 11/20/2012 4:19:51 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

As opposed to you....
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn