This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've timed the store boot up 10 xs now (unacceptable)

#21ComfortablySadPosted 11/20/2012 10:49:50 AM
The new store is horrible but keep in mind it's version 1.0.1 and will get better.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#22AlltraPosted 11/20/2012 10:52:19 AM
If this is the way the 360's dashboard is designed, color me unimpressed.

Even ignoring the fact that the search bar doesn't sort through all the content on the store, or the horrible loading times. the overall layout and design leaves something to be desired compared to how it used to be as far as I'm concerned.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#23IAmNOTMcLovinPosted 11/20/2012 11:09:08 AM
Alltra posted...
If this is the way the 360's dashboard is designed, color me unimpressed.

Even ignoring the fact that the search bar doesn't sort through all the content on the store, or the horrible loading times. the overall layout and design leaves something to be desired compared to how it used to be as far as I'm concerned.

Well while the ui looks cleaner and not ad filled, it seems to take much longer to try to find things.
The 360 search is much better. You type and it will give recommendations based on what you type. Movies, music and games, i think you can search the web without going into the browser, but don't quote me on that.
---
PSN McLovin1177 GT I A Mc Lovin177 YT/LoL/Twitter IceTubesCOD
#24hockeybub89Posted 11/20/2012 11:13:28 AM
The new Store is so much better than the old one. I don't even think it's a contest. They just need to smooth out some kinks.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#25Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:56:40 PM
Evel138 posted...
30 whole seconds?!?!?!?! 25 whole seconds more than what you deem "acceptable".

Holy ****, this is a 5 alarm crisis.........call the president immediately!

It's actually a really big problem when you factor in the convenience factor of what the store is trying to promote. That being fast, easy to navigate purchase.... this whole thing is backfiring. All of it. To sit at a black screen for 7 to 10 seconds and a load bar the rest of the 30 is atrocious.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#26HakaiVeilPosted 11/20/2012 12:58:26 PM
An error has occurred.
---
Gamefaqs - Where immaturity makes you more important than anyone else.
#27UltimaKeyMasterPosted 11/20/2012 1:00:28 PM
25-30 seconds? Just to load the store?

Geez, the people that think this is okay must think people should stop whining at Sonic 06's loading.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#28chaosflame108Posted 11/20/2012 1:04:33 PM
lol i couldn't care less about the new store. The only thing i feel is annoying, is how simply acquiring a demo forces an individual to go through the entire purchasing process. -___-
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#29AlltraPosted 11/20/2012 1:06:54 PM(edited)
I think people are missing the point here. The reason the 20-30 second wait time is so intolerable is because the older store loaded almost instantaneously. There was barely if any wait time.

Change is only good when it's for the better, and in this instance it's clearly not.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#30Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 1:09:43 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
lol i couldn't care less about the new store. The only thing i feel is annoying, is how simply acquiring a demo forces an individual to go through the entire purchasing process. -___-

Just another of many other grievances with the store... you basically have to treat everything like a purchases now. Que up 3 to 5 items and go from there. It's lunacy. All of it. They went and made a good thing bad and intolerable.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them