This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can GTA V dethrone Call of Duty next year?

#1RubMyDuckyPosted 11/20/2012 5:50:36 AM
Since the release of Grand Theft Auto 4, the Call of Duty franchise has dominated industry sales charts putting all others in its rear view each and every year since then. The biggest hit for Rockstar since the last GTA release was Red Dead Redemption, and even that game which went on to win multiple game of the year honors, was left in the dust by Activision’s shooter behemoth. Analysts have high hopes for Rockstar’s big franchise, as well as do fans.

Analysts have already begun speculating about the sales possibilities for GTA V, and if their estimates are correct, Rockstar has a very good shot at dethroning Call of Duty for the first time in five years. Numerous industry analysts believe that Grand Theft Auto could sell over twenty million copies of the game in the first year, with the stipulation that the game receives high review scores.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/community/gta-dethrone-call-duty-2013/

What do you guys think? Can GTA recalim it's dominance? Judging by the amount of views the trailer has, I think it will and I hope it will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84
#2este914Posted 11/20/2012 5:51:15 AM
/topic
nope...
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#3MightyAimetti87Posted 11/20/2012 6:06:50 AM
you ended the topic then answered it!

There is no answer!
---
You do not have permission to "fix'd" this post.
Plz recommend me a (fiction) book that makes you think about it after finishing
#4MetalOcelotPosted 11/20/2012 6:10:22 AM
GTA won't dethrone the franchise in sales...but it could I guess dethrone the game in sales next year
#5piazzapimper313Posted 11/20/2012 6:17:32 AM
im guessing gta will sell 23 million overall.. probably very similar to cod. You really have to give it to cod.. year after year they manage to get 20 millions people to buy their game.
#6awesomesauce13Posted 11/20/2012 6:19:47 AM
One thing GTA has going for it is that there won't be a new one next year, so the game will continue to sell for years, unlike COD which gets replaced by a new one each year. Especially if DLC and a complete edition come out in the future like they did for GTA IV
#7GARahn07Posted 11/20/2012 6:33:19 AM
This isn't really a good comparison. Rockstar can't and won't shell out recycled versions of GTA every year. They actually build very good products that aren't exactly the same as each other.

Activision is just really good at getting a hold of a franchise and milking it bone dry. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Guitar Hero, and COD for the past couple of years.
---
PSN: GARahn
#8Ryan SiPosted 11/20/2012 7:57:09 AM
Sales numbers don't impress me, quality does. Rockstar wins, Activision loses.
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si