This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the day of reckoning is here: DMC demo is out

#1methosagainPosted 11/20/2012 8:00:00 AM
So yeah, not sure what to think of this game now. First off, game is pretty damn good looking. There is simply no way around that, brilliant lighting, a very robust colorful M.C. Escher feel to everything, and some excellent animations are all some key points to the presentation. The music is ok, not really into heavy butt rock, so to me its sorta of just there and nothing more. So far, so good. But here is where we get into the quick of the subject, and that is does it feel like DMC and sadly the answer is no, in no way or shape is this truly a DMC game.

First off the lack of 60 FPS is immediately felt, the game just feels clunky as hell. Nothing is at all smooth about the gameplay. Further more the control set-up is cumbersome at best, having to hold down the LT, or RT, or combos of the Triggers and RB or LB to switch between devil or Angel mode to perform combos or other actions just feels off and can at times be a pain to pull off. Every single action just lacks that fluidity the series is known for. As to Dante himself, seeing him in action on my own TV screen the design isn't really bad, but its also just not Dante. If this would of been a new IP it could be considered a good first step into something great, but instead since its a remake of something that wasn't broke, it instead comes across as feeling like two steps back from a gameplay POV.
#2Junpei_StupeiPosted 11/20/2012 8:13:19 AM(edited)
Can't wait to Bash it. Excuse me for a moment while I download this Western-made Monstrosity.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#3danny_S_06Posted 11/20/2012 8:15:02 AM
I agree, the lack of 30 fps is killing it for me.

I probably won't be buying it now, it feels slow and as you said the control setup feels clunky and awkward, why on earth they went with these bizarre design choices is beyond me.

Seriously disappointed, why did Capcom outsource this to such a mediocre dev team that haven't really made anything that great?
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#4DragonFlame99Posted 11/20/2012 8:16:19 AM
They want it to die like megaman :(
---
blah blah blah videos games blah blah blah troll blah blah blah joke topic - that sums up gamefaqs but sadly i like it Lol
#5Evel138Posted 11/20/2012 8:19:43 AM
".....but its just not Dante"

And there it is.......Sorry, but I think anyone that suggest anything of the sort, will never be able to give he game a fair review. Your opinion in fine though......more power to ya.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#6SoopaMan2KPosted 11/20/2012 8:21:28 AM
Didn't see it in any of the stores. "/
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#7VayneSoloPosted 11/20/2012 8:21:47 AM
Bring the real Dante back... or watch Devil May Cry disappear for good.
#8methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:22:12 AM
SoopaMan2K posted...
Didn't see it in any of the stores. "/

Xb360
#9sdcottuyPosted 11/20/2012 8:22:21 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
I agree, the lack of 30 fps is killing it for me.

I probably won't be buying it now, it feels slow and as you said the control setup feels clunky and awkward, why on earth they went with these bizarre design choices is beyond me.

Because 60 fps and good controls are so japans
#10methosagain(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:24:01 AM
Another point of contention is just the crassness of the dialogue and the constant stream of F Bombs, was there really a need for all of that? The game is clearly designed for the lowest common denominator market.