This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the day of reckoning is here: DMC demo is out

#11antoinejonesPosted 11/20/2012 8:27:37 AM
methosagain posted...
Another point of contention is just the crassness of the dialogue and the constant stream of F Bombs, was there really a need for all of that? The game is clearly designed for the lowest common denominator market.

well if Dante was all serious and mature people would hate him/still complain (DMC2)
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#12ArkhamCityWokPosted 11/20/2012 8:57:21 AM
antoinejones posted...
methosagain posted...
Another point of contention is just the crassness of the dialogue and the constant stream of F Bombs, was there really a need for all of that? The game is clearly designed for the lowest common denominator market.

well if Dante was all serious and mature people would hate him/still complain (DMC2)

He did a fine job in the other games of being cocky and taunting without having to resort to dialogue like :

Demon:"**** YOU!!!!"
Dante:"****YOU!!!!"
Demon:"**** YOU!!!!"
Repeat

I may give the game a chance regardless though if the game play feels good, but i wont be caring about the story.
#13RollingCradlePosted 11/20/2012 9:05:49 AM
Just queued the download, gonna rock this baby on me XBOX360 later on today!
#14yahya_no_1Posted 11/20/2012 9:12:57 AM
All the DMC fans, you know the ones who put time in their combos and mastering the game on all difficultly are saying almost the same thing, this does not play like DMC and the character does not feel like Dante.

Simple as that, Please sell the DMC license to P games Capcom, you would gain money and avoid losing any more than your sales % shows every year
---
PSN:yahyano1
#15RollingCradlePosted 11/20/2012 9:14:15 AM
^Some people have lives, you know.
#16Hucast9Posted 11/20/2012 9:22:41 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
I agree, the lack of 30 fps is killing it for me.

I probably won't be buying it now, it feels slow and as you said the control setup feels clunky and awkward, why on earth they went with these bizarre design choices is beyond me.

Seriously disappointed, why did Capcom outsource this to such a mediocre dev team that haven't really made anything that great?

Wait a second though. We need to keep this console gen going because X person has a backlog. Never mind that this game can't do 30 fps. Everything is just fine right now.
#17wstfldPosted 11/20/2012 9:23:28 AM
It's out? I can't wait to see if this is good or not.
---
Last Played: FIFA 13 (8.5/10), CS GO (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2013, FIFA 13, Dead Space 2
#18RollingCradlePosted 11/20/2012 9:30:07 AM
Hucast9 knows whats up.

Still trying to nab me a WiiU asap!
#19Power TurtlePosted 11/20/2012 9:49:03 AM
As a person that's never played a DMC, this is lackluster and simply not fun IMO. Add in the fanboyism of 'its not dante' and the ever popular 'its cool to hate on capcom' trend, and i dont see how this thing will sell.. But i know it will, millions. :/
#20gohan100Posted 11/20/2012 5:11:38 PM
The lack of a lock in button is annoying. There is no reason for 2 evade buttons but to way to lock on
---
Alex Smith is better than any Seahawk QB in history.
Russell Wilson sucks and was a joke pick. Can't wait to see Tyler Wilson in our uni next season. Semper Fi