This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the deal with skyrim?

#11GM_Posted 11/20/2012 9:58:15 AM
Quote:GM_ posted...
They aren't for you then. Also Bethesda games aren't played for the stories.

Then what are they played for?

@jubjub360

Their massive open worlds and for the exploration. I spent 60 hours in Fallout 3 doing nothing but exploring buildings, sewers and destroyed cities before ever starting the story. I had a blast just doing this and the side Quests were fun.

I enjoyed those small moments when I'd randomly find an old town being attacked by Mutants and after I killed them all a kid came to me and thanked me but then I found out his only family member was killed. So then I found him a new home and my good deed spread across the lore of the game and I heard about myself on the Radio in the game.

All of those small things add up to a grand experience. That's why I had over 200 hours in FO3 on one character.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#12jubjub360Posted 11/20/2012 9:59:33 AM
GM_ posted...

@jubjub360

Their massive open worlds and for the exploration. I spent 60 hours in Fallout 3 doing nothing but exploring buildings, sewers and destroyed cities before ever starting the story. I had a blast just doing this and the side Quests were fun.

I enjoyed those small moments when I'd randomly find an old town being attacked by Mutants and after I killed them all a kid came to me and thanked me but then I found out his only family member was killed. So then I found him a new home and my good deed spread across the lore of the game and I heard about myself on the Radio in the game.

All of those small things add up to a grand experience. That's why I had over 200 hours in FO3 on one character.

Weird. I played Skyrim, Oblivion, and the Fallout series for that and the story.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#13notSFFPosted 11/20/2012 10:46:39 AM
Well, you certainly can play NEW VEGAS for the story, but with Fallout 3 and the ES games, its all about the gameplay/open world.

ES games have pretty good background lore though.
#14Ninja4HPosted 11/20/2012 11:28:50 AM
Always played a steath/archer character, so I find the combat satisfying. Sure, hack n slash isn't upto scratch, but everything else the word offers sure as hell makes up for it.
---
"Riding the Lightning"
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#15GM_Posted 11/20/2012 12:19:36 PM

@jubjub360

Weird. I played Skyrim, Oblivion, and the Fallout series for that and the story.

@jubjub360

FO3 story wasn't all that great to me. It was about you finding daddy and saving the water. Lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#16peter_888Posted 11/20/2012 12:29:37 PM
well the overall combat in skyrim doesn't really have much depth and the story in skyrim for most of the main quest is a bit generic.(except for Thieves guild and dark brotherhood) but the game strongest point is the exploration.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.