This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should consoles be sold with contracts?

#1GM_Posted 11/20/2012 10:22:47 AM(edited)
Imagine paying $99 for a Playstation 4 but you have to pay a pre-set amount of money every month for 2 years just like any other contract agreement. With the rise in price of consoles it seems like this will be a step the industry may attempt in the near future. It's already in the experimental stage with the 360 system and while it was ridiculed by the vocal minority it has been met with mild success so far.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#2toadiemanPosted 11/20/2012 9:51:26 AM
No thanks.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3yankee6903Posted 11/20/2012 10:00:26 AM
Xbox is doing this. STOOPID. If I dont pay, are the console police giong to break down my door?

IF THEY DO THEY WILL HAVE TO PRY THE CONTROLLER FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#4este914Posted 11/20/2012 10:01:01 AM
toadieman posted...
No thanks.

---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#5rofflchopperPosted 11/20/2012 10:03:19 AM
Meh.... It depends on your financial situation, but I wouldn't do it. But considering places like Rent-A-Center stay in business, there must be a market for it.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#6DuranOfForcenaPosted 11/20/2012 10:08:46 AM
yankee6903 posted...
Xbox is doing this. STOOPID. If I dont pay, are the console police giong to break down my door?

If you break the contract in any way they'll probably hit you with Early Termination Fees like cellphone companies do. Sure, you can choose not to pay, but then it will go to collections and make your Credit rating take a nose dive, so good luck trying to get a loan, or a new car, or a job, or a house.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#7yankee6903Posted 11/20/2012 10:09:53 AM
DuranOfForcena posted...
yankee6903 posted...

If you break the contract in any way they'll probably hit you with Early Termination Fees like cellphone companies do. Sure, you can choose not to pay, but then it will go to collections and make your Credit rating take a nose dive, so good luck trying to get a loan, or a new car, or a job, or a house.

Eh dont care, I have a brand new ps4 to play!
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#8bob15xPosted 11/20/2012 10:20:36 AM
It is a smart idea if it is an option and not forced. Nothing wrong with giving other people that may not have $400 to drop all at once on release day.
#9majin nemesisPosted 11/20/2012 10:22:15 AM
toadieman posted...
No thanks.

---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#10bob15xPosted 11/20/2012 10:43:31 AM
majin nemesis posted...
toadieman posted...
No thanks.

If it is an option, who cares? You are not forced into it.

Sony will do it.

why, because the next xbox could sell a lot faster out the door because of the financing option putting the ps4 in a big whole with developers. Sony does not want to play catch up again.