This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should consoles be sold with contracts?

#11pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/20/2012 9:46:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/20/2012 9:49:20 AM
Lets see how this works for MS at this stage.

Sony could benefit more due to online being free as thats one less charge thats not being added to the overall cost.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#13ChaingunmasterPosted 11/20/2012 9:51:37 AM
The problem with those contracts is that you usually end up paying far, far more than you should in the long run.
I've heard of such deals where you can buy a new game for 75p, only for the total amount you spend ends up coming to something like 75.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#14RomangeloPosted 11/20/2012 9:57:28 AM
all da consoles worth $99 from the beginning.

why people feel free to spend $400 - 500 for it? that's why they barely cut the price down.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#15DestinPosted 11/20/2012 10:14:09 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
The problem with those contracts is that you usually end up paying far, far more than you should in the long run.
I've heard of such deals where you can buy a new game for 75p, only for the total amount you spend ends up coming to something like 75.

that's not a problem, that's the point, if you're going to borrow money, you should expect to pay interest. what you should work out is if that ends up being cheaper than charging it on your credit card and paying those interest fees.
---
Destin the Valiant
#16Dangerboy22Posted 11/20/2012 11:16:59 AM
all those people ripping that Xbox plan, i wonder how many of them put their xbox on a high interest credit card and have been playing the minimum every month.

Its actually a much better deal to to the MS pay plan than it is for someone with bad or no credit to put it on a card and pay the minimum every month.....

So unless you pay cash or pay it off on a no interest setup, its not that bad of a deal.
---
---Why do you people try and reason with idiots like the TC? Seriously, it's like Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to Forest Gump.---
#17djrudenPosted 11/20/2012 11:48:41 AM
Parents would no longer get consoles for their children if it meant a bill came every month for 2 years. They'd lose too many sales.

Plus not all the competition would move into this sort of payment system, and ultimately the buy once and keep forever model would win out.
#18methosagainPosted 11/20/2012 11:50:28 AM
yankee6903 posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
yankee6903 posted...
Xbox is doing this. STOOPID. If I dont pay, are the console police giong to break down my door?

IF THEY DO THEY WILL HAVE TO PRY THE CONTROLLER FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!

If you break the contract in any way they'll probably hit you with Early Termination Fees like cellphone companies do. Sure, you can choose not to pay, but then it will go to collections and make your Credit rating take a nose dive, so good luck trying to get a loan, or a new car, or a job, or a house.

Eh dont care, I have a brand new ps4 to play!

Or maybe not, Sony could lock its ability to play games until the issue was resolved
#19DuranOfForcenaPosted 11/20/2012 12:33:14 PM
methosagain posted...
yankee6903 posted...
DuranOfForcena posted...
yankee6903 posted...
Xbox is doing this. STOOPID. If I dont pay, are the console police giong to break down my door?

If you break the contract in any way they'll probably hit you with Early Termination Fees like cellphone companies do. Sure, you can choose not to pay, but then it will go to collections and make your Credit rating take a nose dive, so good luck trying to get a loan, or a new car, or a job, or a house.

Eh dont care, I have a brand new ps4 to play!

Or maybe not, Sony could lock its ability to play games until the issue was resolved

Ooh, that's a scary thought.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#20CallmegePosted 11/20/2012 12:41:10 PM
yankee6903 posted...

Yes. But they're not called 'the console police' they're called 'the bailifs' and they'll take more than just the console.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008