This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm sure this question will be taken the wrong way, but why is PSASBR worth $60?

#11ZakinatorPosted 11/20/2012 10:49:16 AM
The IGN review said that they really aren't similar, so stop making these topics.
#12AlltraPosted 11/20/2012 11:00:32 AM
I don't feel I'm owed anything. I'm a little incensed though, when they take away content that we used to have included for no additional cost.

Like pretty much anything unlockable, which is the bulk of all DLC. If it was something like Tales of Graces F where they give you the option to unlock the content in game or buy it and save yourself the effort, that would be great. Hell, the Money and Experience packs are fine too, because that's actually premium content. But when you do stuff like Capcom does with Mega Man 9 and 10, where they charge you extra for game modes and characters that would have otherwise been included, been "Standard Content" in any other generation, that's when I get annoyed.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#13king_maddenPosted 11/20/2012 11:57:39 AM
Alltra posted...
I don't feel I'm owed anything. I'm a little incensed though, when they take away content that we used to have included for no additional cost.

Like pretty much anything unlockable, which is the bulk of all DLC. If it was something like Tales of Graces F where they give you the option to unlock the content in game or buy it and save yourself the effort, that would be great. Hell, the Money and Experience packs are fine too, because that's actually premium content. But when you do stuff like Capcom does with Mega Man 9 and 10, where they charge you extra for game modes and characters that would have otherwise been included, been "Standard Content" in any other generation, that's when I get annoyed.

they should just take away online play, take away improved features, graphics, and AI. everyone apparently wants everything that was in last gen. why keep doing things different just come back out with the ps2, that way no more dlc at all. the basic game that comes out will be it, nothing extra.
#14AlltraPosted 11/20/2012 12:01:32 PM(edited)
Don't be a tool, that's not even close to what I said. It was better last generation in this regard, that's why people keep bringing it up.

Change is only good if it's for the better.

Besides, basic games from last generation had more content. If, for example, Mega Man 9 and 10 had been released last generation, the game would have come with all the character unlockables, stages, challenges, and modes included. We wouldn't have needed extra content.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#15HakaiVeilPosted 11/20/2012 12:00:57 PM
king_madden posted...
Alltra posted...

they should just take away online play, take away improved features, graphics, and AI. everyone apparently wants everything that was in last gen. why keep doing things different just come back out with the ps2, that way no more dlc at all. the basic game that comes out will be it, nothing extra.

You are point-proven the reason why gamers are causing stupid problems in the industry.

One - Not all games need online play. Stop it and shut up with that crap.

Improved anything should not cost us extra. Hardware stepped up, so games should step up WITHOUT anything extra.

And you totally glossed over the point made in the post. Things that were since the beginning of gaming TIME "standard content" being made into DLC for extra money is RIDICULOUS.

It is scamming.
---
Gamefaqs - Where immaturity makes you more important than anyone else.
#16OtakuGameraPosted 11/20/2012 12:06:18 PM
The IGN review said that they really aren't similar, so stop making these topics.

not only IGN, pretty much all reviews say it's different than smash. more intrinsic and fleshed out battle system, the environment constantly changing and etc.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#17king_maddenPosted 11/20/2012 9:07:27 PM
Alltra posted...
Don't be a tool, that's not even close to what I said. It was better last generation in this regard, that's why people keep bringing it up.

Besides, basic games from last generation had more content. If, for example, Mega Man 9 and 10 had been released last generation, the game would have come with all the character unlockables, stages, challenges, and modes included. We wouldn't have needed extra content.

most games now have way more content than older games, or are just bigger, audio/graphic wise. sure change may only be "good" if its for the better, but everything changes, nothing is exactly the same as its always been, you either accept it and move forward or stay in the past.

i am well aware nothing i said is what you were aiming for, but so many people these days want to pick and choose the best of both worlds, I say its all or nothing. people want bigger better games that offer everything up front while costing the same as older games that didnt offer as much.

if mega man wouldve came out with unlockables, stages, challenges, and modes included, but also had even more things set as dlc, people STILL wouldve complained that everything shouldve been included. apparently there is no such thing as extra anymore, everyone assumes everything shouldve been in a game from the beginning just because "an older different version of the game included it". its not the same game, if you want the older game that possesses everything, go play it.
#18jubjub360Posted 11/20/2012 9:08:21 PM
Whoa! This topic included charts? Awesome!
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#19king_maddenPosted 11/20/2012 9:19:12 PM
HakaiVeil posted...
king_madden posted...
Alltra posted...

You are point-proven the reason why gamers are causing stupid problems in the industry.

One - Not all games need online play. Stop it and shut up with that crap.

Improved anything should not cost us extra. Hardware stepped up, so games should step up WITHOUT anything extra.

And you totally glossed over the point made in the post. Things that were since the beginning of gaming TIME "standard content" being made into DLC for extra money is RIDICULOUS.

It is scamming.

one where did i say all games need online?

why shouldnt improved things cost extra if they are extra?

so how many games now charge for standard content? and what is this standard content that you speak of?

i also love how i am point proven the reason the industry is how it is. yea its people like me who never purchased any kind of small dlc other than an expansion. just because I understand the business side of all of this and not the entitled "what we say should be included should be included" group.

how much do devs pay you guys? i mean obviously you feel you have a say in what they make, so clearly you have some idea of this. My gym use to give me free access to the hot tub last year, should i boycott and tell them about what use to be free?
#20TehTrumpCardPosted 11/20/2012 9:23:44 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
Alltra posted...

most games now have way more content than older games, or are just bigger, audio/graphic wise. sure change may only be "good" if its for the better, but everything changes, nothing is exactly the same as its always been, you either accept it and move forward or stay in the past.

i am well aware nothing i said is what you were aiming for, but so many people these days want to pick and choose the best of both worlds, I say its all or nothing. people want bigger better games that offer everything up front while costing the same as older games that didnt offer as much.

if mega man wouldve came out with unlockables, stages, challenges, and modes included, but also had even more things set as dlc, people STILL wouldve complained that everything shouldve been included. apparently there is no such thing as extra anymore, everyone assumes everything shouldve been in a game from the beginning just because "an older different version of the game included it". its not the same game, if you want the older game that possesses everything, go play it.

Mega Man 9 sold Proto Man as extra content. In Mega Man 10 he is there from the start. Edit: In Mega Man 10 they make you buy Bass who has no story when you play.
Mega Man 9 sold Hero and Superhero/Hard mode as extra content. In Mega Man 10 it is there from the start.
Mega Man 9 sold a Special stage which did nothing for the actual game. In Mega Man 10 you bought 3 special stages that gave you an in-game bonus upon completion.

In short the only real Mega Man DLC was the Mega Man Killer Stages in Time Trials for Mega Man 10 (the 3 aforementioned special stages).

Your probably the same type of person who thinks MvC3 and Ultimate MvC3 count as two different games just because they tack on a few extra things.
---
"Set your dreams high, and make them come true. You can aim higher than this, much higher!"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-