This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

UK PSN classic games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. UK PSN classic games
3 years ago#1
Does anyone know when purchasing UK classic games do they run full screen or do they run like they did on the original PAL versions with black borders? Any info much appreciated
---
Congratulations ............. You've just been I-Conned!
3 years ago#2
Original sucky ass 50hz versions, i have an original US copy of FFVIII on the PS1 why is it only PS3 games that are region free, it shouldn't be hard to do

But there is a few "import" titles, RE1-3 are the NTSC 60hz versions
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
3 years ago#3
on the PS3 it will run 4:3 (black borders on both side) or you can stretch to almost fullscreen (about 14:9 or something like that, but not really fullscreen)

on the PSP you can fully customize it (weird... the emulator on PSP is superior to the PS3 version)
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
3 years ago#4
Romangelo posted...
on the PS3 it will run 4:3 (black borders on both side) or you can stretch to almost fullscreen (about 14:9 or something like that, but not really fullscreen)

on the PSP you can fully customize it (weird... the emulator on PSP is superior to the PS3 version)

He's talking about 50/60hz not aspect ratio's.

We used to get screwed pretty badly over here, not only did our versions come out alot later but the game itself was usually a good 20% slower and had huge vertical borders which took up almost half of the screen

Things only started getting better with the dreamcast (first console to have both a 50/60hz selector in the PAL releases)
---
3 years ago#5
why Europeans use PAL system from the beginning?
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
3 years ago#6
I'm not too sure but i think its to do with the different voltage rates over here, There was also SECAM which isnt really used today
---
3 years ago#7
Thanks guys looks like its US only classic for me then , cheers you just save me my money
---
Congratulations ............. You've just been I-Conned!
3 years ago#8
Romangelo posted...
why Europeans use PAL system from the beginning?

Higher resolution and better colours. Only really screwed us over when it came to games and even then it could have been avoided if the companies simply gave the option to change video modes.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. UK PSN classic games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived