This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony admits online pass is greedy and anti-consumer

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony admits online pass is greedy and anti-consumer

User Info: MlREFOX

MlREFOX
4 years ago#21
TC admits that he doesn't understand business at all and thinks that if he doesn't like it, it has nothing to do with business and everything to do with evil, greedy corporations that simply want to screw the consumer. Just scroll up for proof.

User Info: chiefofsb78

chiefofsb78
4 years ago#22
i buy my games new so not my problem
retailers get to RESELL the developers games which they get no cut of and you expect to play there games online for free i dont blame them for charging ya

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#23
I didn't even know the game was retail, I thought it was digital only.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: Manimal_F0r3v3r

Manimal_F0r3v3r
4 years ago#24
I agree the online pass is BS, but I'm not beating THAT dead horse again. Hats off TC, keep fighting the good fight.
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
4 years ago#25
TC admits that he doesn't understand business at all and thinks that if he doesn't like it, it has nothing to do with business and everything to do with evil, greedy corporations that simply want to screw the consumer. Just scroll up for proof.

Except there is a difference between profiting ethically and profiting at all cost. Example of a company profiting ethically: GOG. Example of a company that tried to profit at all costs: Enron. If companies forget ethics in there business practices, they may end up like Enron.
Secure. Contain. Protect.

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#26

Except there is a difference between profiting ethically and profiting at all cost. Example of a company profiting ethically: GOG. Example of a company that tried to profit at all costs: Enron. If companies forget ethics in there business practices, they may end up like Enron.

Where does Gamestop, and their billions in profit from used games, fall on that scale?

Why do people think companies trying to earn a little bit of money on their own games is bad?
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
4 years ago#27
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
Sometimes i forget what an online pass is because games that interest me i just buy new, online pass? not my problem

You must not have any friends that you bring your games over to because that's when it becomes a pain in the ass. You have to either buy another online pass to play the game online at their house, or log in under their PS3 (which is another pain in the ass altogether).

It's just an added inconvenience that wasn't around last gens...
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: BokuxPico

BokuxPico
4 years ago#28
Online pass is a great way to kill an online community. I can barely even find games in Resistance 3 anymore.

User Info: true_gamer80

true_gamer80
4 years ago#29
typical gf drama topic...you take one persons word and apply it to all of sony lol..

I swear GF is like reading fox news lol
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related

User Info: Freeze_101

Freeze_101
4 years ago#30
I can't help but laugh at all the people that say "Online passes hurt the company/etc."
No. It doesn't. It helps.
People need to realize the companies make NO MONEY WHATSOEVER off of used game sales and off of playing online. They make money on new game purchases.
Anybody buying the game new is helping the company. If you have to buy an online pass, then that means you bought the game used which means you gave no money to the company. Sure it hurts the online community, but it's not doing anything to the companies sales. Anyone who wouldve bought the game new did it anyways. Some people that would've bought used are buying new or are buying online passes.
Companies have every right to charge an online pass so they can make more off people not buying new games.
Everyone is just mad that now they can't just buy a used 45 dollar game at gamestop just to play a 60 dollar game with all the content. Well, fact of the matter is you not buying the used game is not doing anything to that game companies sales.
:The Heavens, the Earth, and a million squirrels call out to you!!!"
Live Tag: Storm Nagato
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Sony admits online pass is greedy and anti-consumer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived