This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony admits online pass is greedy and anti-consumer

#21MlREFOXPosted 11/20/2012 6:56:45 PM
TC admits that he doesn't understand business at all and thinks that if he doesn't like it, it has nothing to do with business and everything to do with evil, greedy corporations that simply want to screw the consumer. Just scroll up for proof.
#22chiefofsb78Posted 11/20/2012 7:10:38 PM
i buy my games new so not my problem
retailers get to RESELL the developers games which they get no cut of and you expect to play there games online for free i dont blame them for charging ya
#23AwayFromHerePosted 11/20/2012 7:13:19 PM
I didn't even know the game was retail, I thought it was digital only.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#24Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 11/20/2012 7:25:28 PM
I agree the online pass is BS, but I'm not beating THAT dead horse again. Hats off TC, keep fighting the good fight.
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#25Jinzo 111887Posted 11/20/2012 7:33:09 PM
TC admits that he doesn't understand business at all and thinks that if he doesn't like it, it has nothing to do with business and everything to do with evil, greedy corporations that simply want to screw the consumer. Just scroll up for proof.

Except there is a difference between profiting ethically and profiting at all cost. Example of a company profiting ethically: GOG. Example of a company that tried to profit at all costs: Enron. If companies forget ethics in there business practices, they may end up like Enron.
---
Secure. Contain. Protect.
#26AwayFromHerePosted 11/20/2012 7:46:44 PM

Except there is a difference between profiting ethically and profiting at all cost. Example of a company profiting ethically: GOG. Example of a company that tried to profit at all costs: Enron. If companies forget ethics in there business practices, they may end up like Enron.

Where does Gamestop, and their billions in profit from used games, fall on that scale?

Why do people think companies trying to earn a little bit of money on their own games is bad?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#27Devilman_AmonPosted 11/20/2012 7:47:44 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
Sometimes i forget what an online pass is because games that interest me i just buy new, online pass? not my problem

You must not have any friends that you bring your games over to because that's when it becomes a pain in the ass. You have to either buy another online pass to play the game online at their house, or log in under their PS3 (which is another pain in the ass altogether).

It's just an added inconvenience that wasn't around last gens...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#28BokuxPicoPosted 11/20/2012 7:48:54 PM
Online pass is a great way to kill an online community. I can barely even find games in Resistance 3 anymore.
#29true_gamer80Posted 11/20/2012 7:54:48 PM
typical gf drama topic...you take one persons word and apply it to all of sony lol..

I swear GF is like reading fox news lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#30Freeze_101Posted 11/20/2012 8:02:03 PM
I can't help but laugh at all the people that say "Online passes hurt the company/etc."
No. It doesn't. It helps.
People need to realize the companies make NO MONEY WHATSOEVER off of used game sales and off of playing online. They make money on new game purchases.
Anybody buying the game new is helping the company. If you have to buy an online pass, then that means you bought the game used which means you gave no money to the company. Sure it hurts the online community, but it's not doing anything to the companies sales. Anyone who wouldve bought the game new did it anyways. Some people that would've bought used are buying new or are buying online passes.
Companies have every right to charge an online pass so they can make more off people not buying new games.
Everyone is just mad that now they can't just buy a used 45 dollar game at gamestop just to play a 60 dollar game with all the content. Well, fact of the matter is you not buying the used game is not doing anything to that game companies sales.
---
:The Heavens, the Earth, and a million squirrels call out to you!!!"
Live Tag: Storm Nagato