This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony admits online pass is greedy and anti-consumer

#71king_maddenPosted 11/23/2012 12:13:17 PM
1.) umm the wii was hacked, along with the DS.

2.) no one said it was stealing, its just taking away a new sale. i mean i think its noble of you that if you made something you are ok with not making money that you could be earning.

3.) yea except used games arent competition, they are taking what you make selling it much lower, and bringing in all profits. i mean not many people in this economy would prefer a $60 new game to a used game they can get off ebay for $30, if it offered nothing different. I dont think people realize how many people buy used. I mean just think for a long time new games did nothing to battle used games and gamestop has grown greatly through the years. buying numerous businesses growing hundreds of stores around the world, with a lot of its money coming just from used game sales.

4.) im sorry but this idea just doesnt sound very good at all.
-its digital for a few months, (a lot of people dont like digital)
-you are forcing people to buy each part since you say a save file is required. (might as well sell the whole game if you're gonna make people buy every part)
-youtube also isnt the only place to get videos, but people can type and provide pictures of the story as spoilers. even still you are asking companies to do more work.
-no person with a mind will believe its seperate games put together, but now you are saying devs could pull a fast one on consumers, where did that pride go suggesting something like this?
-most people would already assume a retail version was coming thats original assumption like with the walking dead, a lot of people assumed it would happen.
#72work_a_holicPosted 11/23/2012 12:19:12 PM
That person that responds doesn't work for Sony.
#73mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/23/2012 12:19:19 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
Sometimes i forget what an online pass is because games that interest me i just buy new, online pass? not my problem

---
What happened to happy, non-jaded gamers?
#74kewldude475Posted 11/23/2012 12:24:37 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Freeze_101 posted...
I can't help but laugh at all the people that say "Online passes hurt the company/etc."
No. It doesn't. It helps.

I BOUGHT THE GAME NEW

WHY do I have to buy ANOTHER ONLINE PASS when I bring the game over to someone else's house to play online??

It's my game. I bought it new. Therefore I bought your stupid online pass. But now I have to double pay?? WTF??

Sony doesn't have to let you sue their servers.

This posts stupidity is really irritating. The game is yours, not the online servers. Like, just close your account please.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#75kewldude475Posted 11/23/2012 12:25:43 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
"Are you going to wear that ugly ass purple shirt?"

"I'm wearing my green shirt."

"LOLOL YOU SAID YOUR PURPLE SHIRTS UGLY"

Basically summing up TC's horrible logic.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega