This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I like where they took DmC

#131Hvv0l24n9Posted 11/22/2012 11:37:29 AM
freakofnature30 posted...
The dialogue is terrible.

I knew he could possibly be immature, but not to that point. Every time he opened his mouth, ignorance spewed.

I just don't like the new Dante. The gameplay mechanics are fine (IMO), but I can't play something if I hate the main character.

EVERY time? You mean that one cutscene against the boss, right? You obviously haven't seen enough of the game. Bad judgment call, dood.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#132LightRukiaPosted 11/22/2012 11:57:22 AM
Frames don't affect speed, sir. Hell, the link you posted proves that. Those cube's animation are the exact same speed. It's just less fluid looking without any tricks to cover that up. DmC is only slower than the past games on turbo.

Umm no they aren't and framerate does affect speed greatly you can notice this especially when a game's desired framerate starts to drop. What happens when framerate starts to drop greatly in a game, you become slower not just less fluid.

Wasn't that one of the glitches Skyrim had on the ps3 before they patched it? I also remember when some people had that glitch that they said it became unplayable due to how slow it was.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3pdnu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mH6dQ.gif
#133freakofnature30Posted 11/22/2012 12:25:06 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

I knew he could possibly be immature, but not to that point. Every time he opened his mouth, ignorance spewed.

I just don't like the new Dante. The gameplay mechanics are fine (IMO), but I can't play something if I hate the main character.

EVERY time? You mean that one cutscene against the boss, right? You obviously haven't seen enough of the game. Bad judgment call, dood.

Fair point, but it's still enough to turn me off.
---
"The nights are long, but the years are short when you're alive..."
PSN: freakofnature300
#134jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 12:28:20 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

Sounds like a case of "He accidentally pushed me, so I'm going to hate his guts for the rest of my life".
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#135Hvv0l24n9Posted 11/22/2012 12:45:14 PM(edited)
LightRukia posted...
Frames don't affect speed, sir. Hell, the link you posted proves that. Those cube's animation are the exact same speed. It's just less fluid looking without any tricks to cover that up. DmC is only slower than the past games on turbo.

Umm no they aren't and framerate does affect speed greatly you can notice this especially when a game's desired framerate starts to drop. What happens when framerate starts to drop greatly in a game, you become slower not just less fluid.

Wasn't that one of the glitches Skyrim had on the ps3 before they patched it? I also remember when some people had that glitch that they said it became unplayable due to how slow it was.

Uh...those cubes definitely drop bounce and spin at exactly the same time. When a game has been built around a certain framerate, and that framerate drops off, of course the game will slow down and you'll notice it. It's still trying to hit that intended framerate and maintain it, even if it can't. That has nothing to do with DmC.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#136Devilman_AmonPosted 11/22/2012 12:48:16 PM
DmC is choppy like its on auto frame skip. Not necessarily 'slow' but not fluid at all which is formally what the series was known for.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#137jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 12:49:22 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
DmC is choppy like its on auto frame skip. Not necessarily 'slow' but not fluid at all which is formally what the series was known for.

He's changing his argument guys! Watch out!
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#138CrimsonGear80Posted 11/22/2012 12:57:15 PM
DmC is choppy like its on auto frame skip.

What the hell?

no it isn't.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#139Devilman_AmonPosted 11/22/2012 1:07:50 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

He's changing his argument guys! Watch out!

I never said it was slow I always said it was choppy and had horrible frame rate. You need to get your **** together; too many people you are debating with now you can't keep up with it sorry pal...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#140freakofnature30Posted 11/22/2012 1:13:40 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...

Sounds like a case of "He accidentally pushed me, so I'm going to hate his guts for the rest of my life".

Look man, I don't hate the game, I just don't like the direction they went with Dante. To me, he's not very likable. If you like it, cool, I'm not trying to attack your opinion and everyone else that likes it. It's just not for me.

It would be cool if he somehow grew out of it as the story progressed. If that happens, I might rent it.
---
"The nights are long, but the years are short when you're alive..."
PSN: freakofnature300