This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I like where they took DmC

#71Devilman_AmonPosted 11/20/2012 10:22:05 PM
jubjub360 posted...

You mean like your worthless ill-fated comparison that shouldn't have anything to do with how fun a game is to play?

Point made.

It should because we're talking about Devil May Cry series. This game has Devil May Cry as it's title so of course people are going to compare it to the past games and as a result, the fact that it is designed in 30fps when the whole reason as to WHY the past games were designed in 60fps for the fluidity of frame data to emulate the experience of comboing in a fighting game (which are 60fps) for the 'fun factor' of custom creating fluid combos in battle at that quality frame rate is LOST and therefore this new game is a step down not an advancement, which is what NT was claiming to be taking by rebooting the franchise.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#72jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:23:27 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
jubjub360 posted...

You mean like your worthless ill-fated comparison that shouldn't have anything to do with how fun a game is to play?

Point made.

It should because we're talking about Devil May Cry series. This game has Devil May Cry as it's title so of course people are going to compare it to the past games and as a result, the fact that it is designed in 30fps when the whole reason as to WHY the past games were designed in 60fps for the fluidity of frame data to emulate the experience of comboing in a fighting game (which are 60fps) for the 'fun factor' of custom creating fluid combos in battle at that quality frame rate is LOST and therefore this new game is a step down not an advancement, which is what NT was claiming to be taking by rebooting the franchise.

So tell me, what does it have to do with how fun the game is? Do tell.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#73spectermaster14Posted 11/20/2012 10:24:33 PM
Without getting threatened with a good anger-screwing, can I ask a question to the people with a hard on for the framerate? I understand the idea at play here, but what about good action games that don't run at sixty FPS? The old 3D PoP games didn't run at sixty FPS, far as I remember, and the combat and platforming still felt stupidly smooth. Arkham Asylum and City ran at thirty FPS and they had some of the smoothest, most fluid combat there is. I'm seeing claims that a game in this genre NEEDS to run this smoothly, but the fact that good action games that run slower exist kind of completely nullifies that.
#74WiiareVenomPosted 11/20/2012 10:24:53 PM
Numbers under the hood or not, it plays a heck of a lot like the old ones, with little to no problems, save story related ones and possible lack of a bestiary.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#75CrimsonGear80Posted 11/20/2012 10:24:55 PM
It should because we're talking about Devil May Cry series.

so NOW we consider it part of the Devil may Cry series. before it was all "That's not dante, Ninja theory sucks, this isn't DMC" from you people every god damn day. Nice to know it's so easy to flip-flop when you need to pass off your OPINIONS as facts or some sort of BS like that.

Just give up. There will be a lot of people who like this game. Get over it. It's just a game.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#76RosencroitzPosted 11/20/2012 10:44:46 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
What was that? You enjoy DmC?

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Nintendo-64/dp/B00000JHPT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353476675&sr=8-1&keywords=superman+64

Here, save yourself $58 + tax.

Not comparable. Good try though.

How is it not comparable? They're both terrible action games--just save yourself the money and have fun, since you've shown that you're able to appreciate rubbish.
---
All hail the king, for the king is here.
#77jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:46:21 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
Rosencroitz posted...
What was that? You enjoy DmC?

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Nintendo-64/dp/B00000JHPT/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353476675&sr=8-1&keywords=superman+64

Here, save yourself $58 + tax.

Not comparable. Good try though.

How is it not comparable? They're both terrible action games--just save yourself the money and have fun, since you've shown that you're able to appreciate rubbish.

How is it rubbish? Comparing to what? A game that game out more than a decade ago?
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#78AznEDPosted 11/20/2012 10:59:45 PM
It absolutely DOES matter. It's what makes the game.

If this was one of the previous DMC games then you'd be right, but this is a new game built from the ground up so it runs exactly how it's supposed to.

Honestly, it's because of this I won't bother counting this game a Devil May Cry game. It was a fun demo, and I know it's going to be a good game, but calling it a Devil May Cry game doesn't do any justice IMO.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#79killakPosted 11/20/2012 11:02:51 PM
Just smashed my way through it again, while showing it to the lady who just happens to have a huge crush on the Devil May Cry series, and she loved it.

That's some solid approval right there.
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#80RoxasANobodyPosted 11/20/2012 11:04:57 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
It absolutely DOES matter. It's what makes the game. The people who do not get this are either stupid or never played the previous games and are noobs to the subject.

I like how you say it matters, but you have nothing to prove that it does matter. Lemme help you out though.

There is a major difference between 30fps and 60fps. I know the difference when it comes to creating and editing video. I also know how anal people can get about frames per second in a fighting game.

Technically speaking, Amon is correct. FPS means everything. It determines how smooth the game is and it can even determine how quickly you evade an attack or perform an attack. It sounds silly, but at 60fps, things would be running smoothly to the point where you could probably cancel out of attack animations and cancel into other attacks seamlessly.

With that said, the previous DMC games do run smoother and it is, evidently, noticeable. It is not game breaking though. I still thoroughly enjoyed the DmC demo and I am now going to pre-order it, especially since they are offering the Vergil content with it as well. There are many reasons why people could dislike this game, but if it has anything to do with the previous iteration, then their opinion/advice should be ignored.

If you truly do not like this game because of what it offers, then the validity in your opinions are just. If you dislike this game because "it doesn't hold up to the previous game" or "the controls are different from the last game", then your argument is infected with bias. Personally, as stated previously, I enjoyed the demo. I do think that the evade button should take precedence over an attack animation, but it's something that I can learn to deal with and account for.

There's also the issue of the "walls closing in" part. When Nathan Drake is getting chased by a helicopter or those weird zombie things, his pace usually increases progressively and noticeably. If Drake were to maintain his regular pace, the feeling of anxiety would fade away. If they had mimicked that sort of environment, I feel that they would have sold us on those events. At the moment, it just feels like something they tossed in to give us something interesting to look at on our first playthrough.
---
"I've got so much love to give."
Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, NFS: The Run, and Assassin's Creed III