This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do ppl prefer hard copies over psn games?

#1howdyneighbor25Posted 11/20/2012 11:11:36 PM
First off, It is not cheaper. Scratch the disk once, you pay another 60 or 20 for it meaning it could be anywhere from 40 to 120

I Wuld think u guys love psn since it has all that indie garbage

Psn is nice to since you can see a game scre out of 5. Multiply it by 2 nd u have the IGN score withoutc having to look it up :) check to see if Ur purchase isn't a 7.5 or lower in seconds. Very convenient

Why do people still hate psn buying?
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#2killakPosted 11/20/2012 11:14:37 PM
Because we land the girls by showing our hard copies. they never want to wait to check out our DD collection and always meander off with our best friend.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#3peter_888Posted 11/20/2012 11:19:04 PM
kind of difficult to scratch a blu ray disc. well if your just handling it normally. so I don't really have to worry about my hard copy not working. anyway, i prefer hardcopy because my internet sucks.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#4Draconas_LyrrPosted 11/20/2012 11:29:57 PM
I like being able to look over at my shelf and feeling like I actually have something to show for the money I spent, a feeling I don't get with digital media.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#5BenzychenzPosted 11/20/2012 11:32:14 PM
killak posted...
Because we land the girls by showing our hard copies. they never want to wait to check out our DD collection and always meander off with our best friend.

This.
When I show a girl my pile of games her clothes pretty much just fall off.
---
I don't have a sig
#6Vs1991Posted 11/20/2012 11:32:30 PM
the cases look cool and its nice to know that we can still play our games if psn ever shuts down.
#7Lockheart34Posted 11/20/2012 11:41:40 PM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
First off, It is not cheaper. Scratch the disk once, you pay another 60 or 20 for it meaning it could be anywhere from 40 to 120

I haven't scratched a disk since FFX on the PS2. I also like to swap games with friends which saves me a hell of alot of money.

How do you do that with digital media?
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#8Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/20/2012 11:42:45 PM
Because I feel like I actually own the game, if anything happens I will still own them. Scratches aren't an issue so long as you look after them, but in saying that I'd love to go back to the cart type system. I don't like how steam works, if you get banned then goodbye. I used to play WoW and hated it how they kept changing things that weren't broke because of whiny players and that's why I refuse to play D3. I want my games right where I can see them, though it would be nice if games came with a code so you can tie your hard copy to your PSN and download it to your PS3 HDD but Sony freaks out over the idea of piracy.
#9NicodimusPosted 11/20/2012 11:43:18 PM
-Digital games have no resell value

-Limited bandwidth to download them with (ISP data usage caps)

-If you want lots of them, you have to purchase large hard drives, but if you want more disc games, no extra equipment needed

-Possiblity of HDD failure is greater than possibility of scratching a blu-ray disc, and if you lose the HDD, you lose ALL your digital games, not just one of them

-People who collect things like to display them

-Less chance of invasive DRM practices on disc-based games

-You can take a disc-based game over to a friend's house, but not a digital one unless you lug the whole system there
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#10enigmamjPosted 11/20/2012 11:54:05 PM(edited)
I certainly do not mind digital copies and I own quite a few. The problem I have is when I see a game like KOA Reckoning on PSN and charge 60 bucks for it.

When a game has been out for months make the price at least comparable to what the physical copy goes for. Seems idiotic to charge the release day price.