This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

game developers cutting down on video game manuals?

#1Billgo_UmeharaPosted 11/21/2012 3:59:39 AM
now COD too?
#2AlltraPosted 11/21/2012 4:03:38 AM
Pretty soon they'll be offering digital manuals as Paid DLC.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#3JONlCSPosted 11/21/2012 4:04:49 AM
lol billbert
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/10/2/-8gupej1n0SUAWum34xqdw2.gif
#4Kage-MaruPosted 11/21/2012 4:07:11 AM
Billgo_Umehara posted...
now COD too?

NOW how will people know what the shoot button is in the game they've been playin for years but with a different title?!
---
You fools who would fight back against Satan! Accompanied by the Devil Army, He has arrived from the deepest part of Hell.
King of Devil, Akuma Shogun.
#5AlltraPosted 11/21/2012 4:09:11 AM
In my day, game manuals had more content than just instructions on how to play the game.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#6FiendingHardPosted 11/21/2012 4:17:05 AM
Alltra posted...
In my day, game manuals had more content than just instructions on how to play the game.

Back in the day games didn't have on screen prompts for everything and the first level wasn't a tutorial.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Sine Mora, XCOM
#7AlltraPosted 11/21/2012 4:17:52 AM
Which, again, would only matter if manuals were only for playing instructions.
---
#8Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 11/21/2012 4:18:07 AM
Alltra posted...
Pretty soon they'll be offering digital manuals as Paid DLC.

It wouldn't surprise me if it happens.
---
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/89/31/airplanes-luftwaffe_00318931.jpg
#9JONlCSPosted 11/21/2012 4:18:38 AM
remember when bobby boucher algboaod aodoahbdihs ohaisdfh?
---
http://mtv-tv.mtvnimages.com/images/Best-Of/sasha-grey-01.jpg
#10darkjeremiePosted 11/21/2012 4:21:50 AM(edited)
Back in the days manuals had cool artwork in them and sometime interesting bits of the story put into them. Buying a new game and looking at the manual while going home while I was younger was some sort of habit I know some people had and it gave some sort of fun hype.

Now, if you want artwork, you need to buy the collector edition of the games and some of the manuals are genuinely unhelpful and in some cases, the game doesn't have a tutorial and you're stuck figuring out yourself... not that I mind but from what I've seen these days, more than 10 minutes of learning curve is torture for some players.
---
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. (This topic has been eaten)