This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

game developers cutting down on video game manuals?

#21hambaconeggPosted 11/21/2012 7:30:53 AM
Alltra posted...
If there's a demand for it, they'll find a way to sell it to us for extra.

If you think that's bad, just wait till they start offering extra introduction and ending movies as DLC. That's coming down the pipe, mark my words.

What about using real cash to buy in-game items like potions etc?
#22KojaxFXPosted 11/21/2012 7:35:18 AM
often they will do a digital manual that you can DL, they cut costs this way I suppose.
#23rschrake86Posted 11/23/2012 7:35:16 PM
darkjeremie posted...
Back in the days manuals had cool artwork in them and sometime interesting bits of the story put into them. Buying a new game and looking at the manual while going home while I was younger was some sort of habit I know some people had and it gave some sort of fun hype.

Now, if you want artwork, you need to buy the collector edition of the games and some of the manuals are genuinely unhelpful and in some cases, the game doesn't have a tutorial and you're stuck figuring out yourself... not that I mind but from what I've seen these days, more than 10 minutes of learning curve is torture for some players.

Remember when... LoL. I was the same way.
---
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned. http://psnprofiles.com/I8I_SiN_I8I
PSN- I8I_SiN_I8I
#24kingofall214Posted 11/23/2012 7:41:09 PM
FiendingHard posted...
Alltra posted...
In my day, game manuals had more content than just instructions on how to play the game.

Back in the day games didn't have on screen prompts for everything and the first level wasn't a tutorial.

that cause there was only the d pad and 2 buttons