This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam has an Autumn Sale goin on...whats Sony got for me?

#11OtakuGameraPosted 11/21/2012 1:21:58 PM
Have you seen the games that are on sale? They are fun, and im perfectly capable of playing them on my tv.

You know what sony could do for me, stop over pricing their PSN games (unfinished swan, journey) and sell them at reasonable prices.

you mean sell them at price that you like.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#12ThamauturgePosted 11/21/2012 1:22:00 PM
Been waiting for KOTOR II to go on sale... just bought it for $2.50... great price but I haven't even played KOTOR I since this summer
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#13Ryan SiPosted 11/21/2012 1:48:03 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
Have you seen the games that are on sale? They are fun, and im perfectly capable of playing them on my tv.

You know what sony could do for me, stop over pricing their PSN games (unfinished swan, journey) and sell them at reasonable prices.

you mean sell them at price that you like.

No, console games in general are over-priced, but digital titles in particular have no excuse. Picked up LIMBO about a month ago on Steam for $2.50 (normally $9.99, but goes on sale often), it's $14.99 on PSN (just about always). Why?
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#14howdyneighbor25Posted 11/21/2012 1:48:33 PM
killerdestroyer posted...
howdyneighbor25 posted...
fun games that u can play on ur tv with a controller and arent indie garbage that are at best 7.5 games.

Aren't you the same guy that called The Walking Dead an indie game?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

cel shaded graphics, point and click, only downloadable on psn, sounds like indie trash to me
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#15anonymous46773Posted 11/21/2012 1:56:37 PM
howdyneighbor25 posted...

cel shaded graphics, point and click, only downloadable on psn, sounds like indie trash to me

Please stop feeding this guy.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#16AsucaHayashiPosted 11/21/2012 2:37:26 PM
No, console games in general are over-priced, but digital titles in particular have no excuse. Picked up LIMBO about a month ago on Steam for $2.50 (normally $9.99, but goes on sale often), it's $14.99 on PSN (just about always). Why?

because they can.

you're not going to change sony's mind about how to price their service and games when there's literally nothing to challenge them on pricing on their own store.

this is how it is on all consoles.

if you want freedom and a competitive market, you go PC and only PC.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#17Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/21/2012 2:40:10 PM
Reason why Steam owns!

Them sales.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#18Ryan SiPosted 11/21/2012 6:34:42 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...

because they can.

you're not going to change sony's mind about how to price their service and games when there's literally nothing to challenge them on pricing on their own store.

this is how it is on all consoles.

if you want freedom and a competitive market, you go PC and only PC.

Really more of a rhetorical question as none of that is news. I'm not trying to convince Sony of anything and i realize that's how the console market is. It's also the reason my console game purchases have slid to almost none this year and my interest in new consoles is lacking.
---
Steam ID: Ryan_ML | PSN ID: Ryan_Si
#19UniversquallPosted 11/21/2012 6:38:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20jammiesPosted 11/21/2012 6:41:16 PM
I just grabbed 5 games that were on my Steam wish list for 75% off each.

I grabbed the Vita games on PSN through my PS3. Almost makes getting a Vita worth it since 2 of the games are ones I really want to play.

I'd say they're both showing me some love in one way or another.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx