This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are the ps3's graphics really better than the 360's?

#101bob15xPosted 11/22/2012 7:31:14 AM
FearPotion posted...
Halo 4 graphics are overrated.

It just reminds me of how xbots were hyping up Alan Wake sub HD.

your fanboyisms are showing.
#102ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/22/2012 7:33:55 AM
bob15x posted...
suprsolider posted...
There has YET to be a single 360 game that looks as good as
Uncharted 2 and 3
God of War 3
Metal Gear Solid 4

Not a single game, nor will there ever be one, 360 is just not powerful enough.

Its people like you that make Sony fanboys look so stupid.

Metal Gear solid had ps2 textures, they were horrible. That game should never be brought up in a best looking game.

Halo 4 blows away uncharted 2 and Metal Gear solid. Vs u3 and gow3 one could argue either way.

It's people like you that make MS fanboys look stupid.
#103osboesPosted 11/22/2012 7:37:43 AM
It's hard to say. It's more better when utilized well, but that isn't often unless it's exclusively done. Uncharted 2 and 3 haven't been beaten yet in my eyes. I don't think people release how open the worlds are in those games. There are very little loading screens, and many levels are pretty huge when you actually go back to play it. That is, vertically as well as horizontally. Towers, forts, ect

Killzone 2 was a good technical achievement. The particle effects, and lighting are the best I've seen yet but the textures are so muddy and colours too brown/grey. I don't like the pallet scheme in that game.

MGS4 still holds pretty well I think despite most. Sure there are some dud textures but the detail in Snakes face is still impressive even today. For demonstration purposes blow snake up, look closely at his face as the rag doll physics have landed him. The snarls, and grimaces are incredible versatile and detailed. The lighting and textures on his face is different for most places he goes to. In fact the only part that doesn't hold up is his hair (but hair is difficult). It's also a game where a lot of things can happen at once. Look at the assault of the camp, and zoom in from distance. The animation of the enemies, the AI, the number of them at the same time, all whilst you can still hold up, use octocamo, scope from distance ect. There's a lot that goes on in MGS4 that goes unnoticed.
#104bob15xPosted 11/22/2012 7:38:30 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
bob15x posted...
suprsolider posted...
There has YET to be a single 360 game that looks as good as
Uncharted 2 and 3
God of War 3
Metal Gear Solid 4

Not a single game, nor will there ever be one, 360 is just not powerful enough.

Its people like you that make Sony fanboys look so stupid.

Metal Gear solid had ps2 textures, they were horrible. That game should never be brought up in a best looking game.

Halo 4 blows away uncharted 2 and Metal Gear solid. Vs u3 and gow3 one could argue either way.

It's people like you that make MS fanboys look stupid.

Take a good look at my posts, they are completely neutral. Fyi, not sure if you have selective reading but you may want to notice me mentioning ps3 exclusives as some of the best graphics.

think man, think
#105firefoxts5Posted 11/22/2012 7:50:56 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Unpolished 3 and God of Clay 3 don't come anywhere near the beauty of Halo 4.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL halo 4 is trash and I've played it.
---
psn: Overlord-Fox---gamertag: Overlord foxx
#106bob15xPosted 11/22/2012 8:02:57 AM
firefoxts5 posted...
RollingCradle posted...
Unpolished 3 and God of Clay 3 don't come anywhere near the beauty of Halo 4.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL halo 4 is trash and I've played it.

Gameplay sure, graphics no.

Anyone that says the graphics are trash, along with U3 just proves they should not be taken seriously.
#107Stanger5150Posted 11/22/2012 8:15:29 AM(edited)
KevoCSCS posted...
You'd think the PS3 having been released a year later would be slightly more powerful than the Xbox 360.

But then again we have the Wii-U released 7 years after the Xbox 360 and it's not as powerful.

Where do people get this s***? The Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3 by a considerable amount.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Alone in the Dark Inferno, Okami HD, Bioshock 2, Fairytale Fights, Prince of Persia (2008)
#108methosagainPosted 11/22/2012 8:38:05 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
KevoCSCS posted...
You'd think the PS3 having been released a year later would be slightly more powerful than the Xbox 360.

But then again we have the Wii-U released 7 years after the Xbox 360 and it's not as powerful.

Where do people get this s***? The Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3 by a considerable amount.

Devs state other wise
#109OrionSatsumePosted 11/22/2012 9:46:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#110SixStringHeroPosted 11/22/2012 10:07:38 AM
Uncharted 2 was surpassed a long time ago, and that's probably a good thing, unless people are happy with stagnated technology.

And someone mentioned Infamous. Really? That game wasn't a looker when it was released. No rag doll physics in that game either.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.