This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are the ps3's graphics really better than the 360's?

#21sldfghtrikePosted 11/21/2012 1:30:10 PM
Hideo Kojima said that MGS4 could not be done on the 360 because it wasn't possible to do the octocamo on it
---
PSN: SldFghtrIke
Favorite Series: Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts, Ace Combat, Uncharted, Spyro, Crash, inFamous, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Golden Sun
#22KevoCSCSPosted 11/21/2012 1:30:27 PM
SaintSeiyaX posted...
ff12detaction posted...
Yeah I think the PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 look better than 360 titles. But the multi-platform games seem to look a bit better on 360.

Halo 4 looks better than those 2 games......and I have all three games so i can judge.

Halo 4 is really good looking no doubt. I don't think it's as detailed as Uncharted 3 though. Uncharted 3 has some of the best textures I have ever seen in a game. You could even see individual grains of sand it was so detailed.

Halo 4 is probably the best looking Xbox 360 game though, I'd say it's comparable but not quite as detailed as Killzone 3.
#23the_great_tidusPosted 11/21/2012 1:36:22 PM
they are better

Killzone 2+3
Uncharted 2+3
Heavy Rain
God of War 3 and Ascension

360 graphics are still great though, neither console has a definitive advantage over the other.
---
Most Anticipated Games - Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, Beyond, Castlevania LOS2, Bioshock Infinite, God of War Ascension, and FFX HD.
#24XT3M3Posted 11/21/2012 1:39:13 PM
i always felt the 1 thing ps3 did better was have been graphics. and im an xbox owner.

idk how people can compare H4 to GOW3/UC3 then Halo 4 came out last month and the 2 games for PS3 came out last year and BEYOND.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
"Please do it so we can go a whole game without you posting." Flocka_Masta_P on me buying NYY tickets.
#25CallmegePosted 11/21/2012 1:44:05 PM
Imo its hard to say.

On the one hand, the gears series looks gorgeous. I mean those games really are very good looking. But their art style and colour palette burries that under a sea of brown and grey.

Uncharted is probably the most graphically impressive games on PS3 and in my opinion they look better than gears. They're certainly more detailed but whether or not they simply look better because of their vibrant colours and art styles is up for debate.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#26methosagainPosted 11/21/2012 1:46:45 PM
Neither console really has an edge, the PS3 has the Cell but the XB360 has a better GPU and a better RAM allocation to counter that. The reality is that capital invested in a project and the expertise of the devs matters more than the tech at this point, look at Halo 4. MS bathed 343 in money and look at the wonder they delivered, Halo 4 is hands down the best looking console game out as of right now. Same thing was seen last year with Uncharted 3 and Gears 3, one would be hard-pressed to say either has a edge on the other and the reason is simple, big exclusives when given the time to gestate and the resources need to bring the vision to life are pretty much hitting parity between the two consoles graphically.
#27ToastyAnakinPosted 11/21/2012 1:55:17 PM
Having played Halo 4, it looks nice but cmon now...

Looks better than killzone 3? Uncharted 2?

You can't be serious!
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#28xsabrewulfPosted 11/21/2012 1:57:01 PM

You can't be serious!

WOW you must be blind...
#29TheBorderColliePosted 11/21/2012 1:57:14 PM
HALO4 looks like crap next to KZ2( slumz) & 3(snow level)

LOL!
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#30SaintSeiyaXPosted 11/21/2012 1:57:38 PM
xsabrewulf posted...

You can't be serious!

WOW you must be blind...

Exactly.
---
#1 N.Y. Knicks Fan - X360: P 1 L L zZz ; PSN: ExodusIllusion - http://killakadafi.dvdaf.com/owned