This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are the ps3's graphics really better than the 360's?

#61rschrake86Posted 11/21/2012 5:31:24 PM
RollingCradle posted...
Unpolished 3 and God of Clay 3 don't come anywhere near the beauty of Halo 4.

Perfect example of people's IGNORANT opinions that wont change. No matter how blatantly WRONG they are.
---
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned. http://psnprofiles.com/I8I_SiN_I8I
PSN- I8I_SiN_I8I
#62rschrake86Posted 11/21/2012 5:32:23 PM
shawnmck posted...
LoL at all the people citing games like Uncharted, god of war 3, mgs4, etc....to prove that the PS3 is more powerful than the XB 360.
You people obviously have no clue about game design.

The reason why those games look so good is because they are so limited with smaller environments and a narrowly structured environments, and other game-designs that limit the game's overall scope in order to produce better visuals.
god of war 3 for example looks really good, but it has fixed camera angles and a very small & narrow path that you cannot explore much.
If the XB 360 did the same thing it would have exclusives that looked just as good.
Compare Uncharted to Gears of War and you will find that the playable character in Gears is bigger, and the levels in Gears are much bigger...therefore they take up more memory.
If Gears had smaller levels with a smaller playable character then it could be made to look just as good (if not better than) Uncharted.
Another example is Heavy Rain....that game looks phenomenal, but you have limited controls, small environments, and fixed camera angles to compensate.

The truth is that the XB 360 & PS3 are roughly equal in terms of power.
They both have their respective advantages & disadvantages that make them slightly stronger &/or weaker in certain areas.
But for all intents & purposes they are about the same.

Read the question again ***
---
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned. http://psnprofiles.com/I8I_SiN_I8I
PSN- I8I_SiN_I8I
#63TuecerPosted 11/21/2012 5:44:25 PM
Depends on who you talk to. Both look great. Its hard to compare multiplatform games because from my understanding, most are programmed for 360 and then ported to PS3, which is why there are so many issues with PS3 versions of multiplatform games. Its kinda like running an emulator, its gonna be buggy at best sometimes. Skyrim and Bayonetta are perfect examples of this.

If a game was made from the ground up for each system, I suspect the PS3 version would look better, since the specs appear to be more powerful but as any computer whiz will tell you, the synergy of the parts matters much more than the power of each one.

In any case, who really cares? Most people buy a system for the exclusive titles, which most will agree, look excellent regardless of which you look at.
#64TheTrueSetoPosted 11/21/2012 5:59:48 PM
TL;DR

They are about the same
---
i care about your problemz
#65Devil_wings00Posted 11/21/2012 6:10:28 PM
On multiplats? you'd have to squint and REALLY nitpick to see any difference, if any at all (obvious exceptions of course). In fact many multiplat games run WORSE on the ps3(again obvious exceptions). Exclusive titles? Ya probably but Halo 4 is quite a looker (for a console game anyway) that would give any console release a run for it's money but generally PS3 exclusives are more impressive on a technical level on a more regular basis. Either way the graphical fidelity on both consoles at this point is well behind anything that can be done on a PC.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#66Cable_mvc2Posted 11/21/2012 6:13:14 PM
Xbox graphics are better, its been proven time and time again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEXro9yZpZs

Enough, PS3 lost.
#67SomnusNemorisPosted 11/21/2012 6:17:29 PM
Cable_mvc2 posted...
Xbox graphics are better, its been proven time and time again.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk30/AstuteClass/GIFs/LL/LL.gif
#68Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/21/2012 6:17:41 PM
They're pretty much both the same system [one just happens to be harder to program for] but still put out good looking games.

Gears of War 3, God of War 3...Both systems have some stellar looking titles.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#69Evel138Posted 11/21/2012 6:25:35 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Evel138 posted...
No, they're not.....not in any incontrovertible way.

I'm afraid this is incorrect, mate. See here:

SomnusNemoris posted...
Yes, but it's to be expected considering the PS3 is more powerful.

It was inevitable that the PS3 would one day produce something that is too graphically complex for the 360 to handle, and that title was all the way back with Uncharted 2.

Since then, the PS3 has only moved forward and further away from the 360 in terms of visuals.

The 360 is still a great console though, and this takes nothing away from it.

If the difference was like NES compared to Wii-U, you'd have a point, but again the difference between PS3 and 360 is like arguing VERY slight degrees of who gives a ****.

I have Uncharted 2 and 20/20 vision.....the visual prowess of both consoles is absolutely arguable (and largely subject to bias).
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#70shawnmckPosted 11/21/2012 6:28:13 PM
rschrake86 posted...

Read the question again ***

^ WTF are you on ?
I was mostly responding to some of the respondents, not the topic question alone.
You know, the ones that think the PS3 is X-times better than the XB 360...and I was responding how I think they are full of it...just like you are.