This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, I just played the Type-0 demo...

#1theofficefan99Posted 11/21/2012 3:10:47 PM
I gotta say, this game is fantastic. The opening cutscenes were absolutely phenomenal and it already showcased that it's by far the most mature game in the Final Fantasy series along with Final Fantasy Tactics.

The gameplay itself is really great. Though I had a ton of trouble knowing what the hell to do because I don't know a lick of Japanese, it was great and fun, nonetheless. The combat is smooth, fluid and really nice. I love how all 14 party members are completely different, and how you can switch between them on the fly. They're all fun to play as, too; each one can be a valuable asset to the team if you utilize them properly.

The combat is also fun because it's actually difficult. I actually almost died a few times during the tutorial mission. During the boss fight, I had to constantly dodge whilst attacking it from afar via Ace. During some of the missions that I tried, I had party members die in a matter of seconds-- this is very refreshing for the series, considering that pretty much all Final Fantasy games are ridiculously easy until around the 60% or 70% mark in the game.

Aside from that, the visuals are obviously the best ever seen on the PSP. If ported to the Vita or the PS3, Square Enix can just slightly touch up the in-game visuals and they'll be good to go. The pre-rendered in-game cutscenes and the pre-rendered CGI cutscenes are more than good enough to be impressive on any console.

The music is also great, and I have already heard many classic Final Fantasy themes, such as the Victory Theme, the Prelude, and the Chocobo Theme.

All in all, this can easily be the best Final Fantasy in YEARS; it just needs to get localized, and fast.

And personally, I'd love to play this on my PS3. Final Fantasy feels more at home on a console.

You guys should try the demo!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2Large_TonberryPosted 11/21/2012 3:13:23 PM
They murdered a chocobo in the opening sequence... I don't know how I feel about that. The game does look cool though; probably the best thing SE have internally developed in the last decade. Now if only they could get off their arses and finish up the last 10% of the localisation.
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 3:15:37 PM
Large_Tonberry posted...
They murdered a chocobo in the opening sequence... I don't know how I feel about that. The game does look cool though; probably the best thing SE have internally developed in the last decade. Now if only they could get off their arses and finish up the last 10% of the localisation.

I love chocobos too, but it shows that the writer for this game had balls, and I like that. The whole scene between Izana and his chocobo was very touching, and a great start to the story.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4arstosPosted 11/21/2012 3:23:37 PM
is the demo on the jp psn? might have to see if i can find it and give it a try.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, CS:GO, UTIII
#5Large_TonberryPosted 11/21/2012 3:24:02 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Large_Tonberry posted...

I love chocobos too, but it shows that the writer for this game had balls, and I like that. The whole scene between Izana and his chocobo was very touching, and a great start to the story.

I liked it as a concept as well; it reminded me of how many horses died in WWI, and how sad it is to see an innocent animal as a casualty in war. I was honestly quite shocked when I first saw the scene, definitely a different direction for the series. Certainly more compelling than the teen melodrama on display in FFXIII. :p
#6toadiemanPosted 11/21/2012 3:25:13 PM
I wish I knew japanese.
---
PSN: toadieman
#7theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 3:35:49 PM
toadieman posted...
I wish I knew japanese.

I wish I did, too.
---
#8theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 3:36:36 PM
arstos posted...
is the demo on the jp psn? might have to see if i can find it and give it a try.

Yup!
---
#9SightoPosted 11/21/2012 3:42:59 PM
Loved Type-0. I definitely recommend it if you know Japanese.
It almost tops FFXIII and XIII-2 for me.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 11/21/2012 3:50:06 PM
Yeah Type Zero is one of their few good games they made this gen but apparently they stil have their head up their ass and wont make any strives to localize it.

Makes me wonder if now if they'll localize Dragon Quest VII remake for 3DS
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)