This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry3 reviews are off the charts, I knew it would be an underdog

#11TheBorderColliePosted 11/21/2012 10:12:28 PM
eurogamer giving it a 10/10.. Lowest review I seen so far is a 9.. Most are claiming it to be the best ubisoft game this gen, and also the best open world Ubi has ever done.. ( Asscred has some nice ones, this tops it? wow )

I'm just glad to hear that the re-spawning checkpoints are not returning in this game.

BTW....How many reviews are out for the PS3 version? I know the Eurogamer 10/10 score was for the 360 version.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#12ManinstagnatePosted 11/21/2012 10:16:57 PM
I had an eye on it the story really interests me and I heard that Far crys gameplay was great.
#13Golden MavenPosted 11/21/2012 10:21:17 PM
Very glad to hear that. Far Cry 2 impressed me, I have high hopes now.
#14ChancreScolexPosted 11/21/2012 10:22:01 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
I'm dying for some open world stealth.. I also read another review who said its like the skyrim of shooters... skyrim sucks but I think he means how the world looks and feels..

Just glad you can fully stealth this time. In freaking FC2 those bastards could see you crouching in tall grass across a river at night.
#15crazyman32Posted 11/21/2012 10:32:15 PM
ChancreScolex posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
I'm dying for some open world stealth.. I also read another review who said its like the skyrim of shooters... skyrim sucks but I think he means how the world looks and feels..

Just glad you can fully stealth this time. In freaking FC2 those bastards could see you crouching in tall grass across a river at night.

ha ha it's true I would be crouching and from way ahead of me they could see me at night they must have had X-ray vision
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#16HorrorSindicatePosted 11/21/2012 10:34:41 PM
The series has always been pretty renowned (at least on boards I go to). I have been surprised by the lack of Hype. But the franchise's best Entries have been PC so I guess that's to be expected.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#17Still__RippinPosted 11/21/2012 10:59:55 PM
I knew this hyped up AAA game would be an underdog!!!!!

-_-
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#18AnthonM2Posted 11/22/2012 2:17:07 AM
So the single player is not linear like Uncharted and COD? this means walking around for hours and nothing actually happens like in the other open world games, yeah its 10/10 material for some people but not for me.
#19godslayer61Posted 11/22/2012 5:37:49 AM
AnthonM2 posted...
So the single player is not linear like Uncharted and COD? this means walking around for hours and nothing actually happens like in the other open world games, yeah its 10/10 material for some people but not for me.

becuase your a dick scott from canada,keep talking and we will set you adrift?
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975
#20Mutant1988Posted 11/22/2012 7:49:53 AM
Ubisoft doesn't do underdog games.

They're a big player in the industry and have consistently had high production values and highly rated games once released.

But yeah, Far Cry 3 seems like a vast improvement over the dull, repetitive mess that was Far Cry 2.

But the amount of pre-order/day 1 DLC crap really annoy me. Give it a rest already! I'd prefer to buy a complete game.

Complementary content? Releasing it simultaneously with the retail game really gives the impression that it should have been included to begin with (Regardless of when it was developed).

Still... This is one of the few games that seem good enough to disregard that. Will probably buy it anyway and just ignore the DLC crap. I'll still feel that things are missing, but hopefully the things that were included with that retail price will last me for a while.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.