This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

JRPG's "Aren't" failing due to Anime ties.

#1okamhunitePosted 11/21/2012 8:08:18 PM
Look at games like Demons Souls and Dark Souls, those games did well due to the fact that those games received a lot of attention in the market, the reason JRPG's like Tales and Monster Hunter fail is due to the fact that they are not publicized well enough and end up failing because of that fact, Xenoblade did somewhat poorly here in the US due to the fact that the game other than the whole operation Rainfall thing was npt advertised, company's are worried that the game will fail due to other JRPG's failing when really they just need to shell out a little cash for a couple ads here and there online and in Magazines.
---
Paper Demons fighting a endless war for a rich and proud king who stands tall in his Castle of Jade and Emerald, today mighty Lord, I will end your life...
#2DemiFistPosted 11/21/2012 8:11:21 PM
Xenoblade did somewhat poorly because it was pirated over 1 million times before it was even released due to Nintendo of America's terrible business decisions
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#3GM_Posted 11/21/2012 8:12:35 PM
DemiFist posted...
Xenoblade did somewhat poorly because it was pirated over 1 million times before it was even released due to Nintendo of America's terrible business decisions

At least 350k+ people still bought it over in the US. For a niche release on a dead console that's impressive.
#4Kage_AM2Posted 11/21/2012 8:15:15 PM
The Tales series epitomize everything westerners hate about anime.
#5DemiFistPosted 11/21/2012 8:17:44 PM
GM_ posted...
DemiFist posted...

At least 350k+ people still bought it over in the US. For a niche release on a dead console that's impressive.

thats a whole lot less than the ones that pirated it though...
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#6deprofundis442Posted 11/21/2012 9:34:11 PM
Sorry, but I don't consider Demons and Dark Souls to be JRPGs, even in the slightest.
#7deprofundis442Posted 11/21/2012 9:34:50 PM
Also, Monster Hunter is not a JRPG either, And actually IS successful.
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 11/21/2012 9:41:21 PM(edited)
GM_ posted...
DemiFist posted...

And The Last Story was XSeed's best selling title to date.

But yeah, I do remember in the 90's, rpgs were better marketed even without the use of the internet such as commercials and magazine ads. You would think with the net being more common and easier accessible now, it'd be easier to market things but they don't even try then wonder why the games dont sell.
Everyone knows what Call of Duty is yet each year that series gets a crap load of marketing from high budget commercials to huge billboard ads in Times Square NYC and across the country to online ads plastered everywhere as if to say people have no idea what the series is or that its even coming out.
Heck even Epic Mickey has a huge billboard ad on my way to work each day.
But RPG's? I dont even remember a billboard ad for FF XIII-2. But then again I don't remember billboard ads for Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3 or Fallout NV...
XIII had one for the E3 of the year it came out I remember...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9hijokaidenPosted 11/21/2012 9:39:36 PM
Kage_AM2 posted...

Hahaha indeed (Star Ocean: The Last Hope to).
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#10SieKensouPosted 11/21/2012 9:42:00 PM(edited)
hijokaiden posted...
Kage_AM2 posted...

Hahaha indeed (Star Ocean: The Last Hope to).

if SO4 was released around the timee of SNES, so many ppl would praise it.

oh how times have changed.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462