This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think that Sony is a good company?

#1DiayamondoPosted 11/21/2012 10:03:27 PM
Xbots and Nintenyearolds love to come here and claim that Sony failed with the ps3, is that true?
#2Sharpshooter_x5Posted 11/21/2012 10:09:29 PM
morally i don't think any company can actually be good, physically i would have to say any company that can produce multiple versions of something the same and still be able to sell them i.e. consoles/controllers/etc. would be a good company, they might be in a debt at this moment but i would have to assume at this point in time almost all companies are in debt. they might not have sold quite as many consoles as they could due to pricing, but they sold a lot. Also due to the fact that there consoles are just now getting "hacked" is practically unimaginable to microsoft and nintendo. Just my input, and i really don't know much about how sony has been doing financially, just stuff i've seen occasionally on here.
---
PSN-sharpshooter_x56 FC-3438 6280 3436
"remember kids, just say no to chloroform"-Craig Ferguson
#3Diayamondo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 12:29:14 AM
bump
#4Thermador446Posted 11/22/2012 12:35:13 AM
Diayamondo posted...
Xbots and Nintenyearolds love to come here and claim that Sony failed with the ps3, is that true?

There will always be stupid people on the internet.
It makes me feel good to know they play other Consoles than me.
---
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"
#5ArronAubinPosted 11/22/2012 12:43:45 AM
I think SONY is a great GAMING company. They've done a great job with exclusivity out of the big three. PS+ is such a fantastic service and they really pushed the envelope with budget titles this year, Unfinished Swan and Journey, for examples.

Microsoft stopped with exclusives and is focusing on Smart Glass, interfaces and Kinect. Nintendo is busy playing catch up, and instead of making a powerful console, they're relying too heavily on gimmicks.

When it comes to gaming on a console..? Free online, most exclusive titles, great payable service that practically pays for itself. SONY kills it. Plain and simple.

Biggest problem for them this year, I 'd have to say is the very very poor vita launch.

Otherwise..? 2012 was the year of SONY, in my opinion.
#6thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/22/2012 1:36:34 AM
I think they are a joke. That's not to say I don't like or dispute the success of the PS3, but thinking you bow down and everything is ok now is pathetic business mentality.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
Need help with account deletion - experts feel free to msg me assistance
#7RintonPosted 11/22/2012 1:42:16 AM
Failure of the PS3 and being a "good company" are 2 different things. Sony sheisted out on a deal with Nintendo for the SNES-CD, so they're douchey. They also make great products, and they did their best too hook everyone up after the outage, so that's a plus. Developers like Hideo Kojima have talked at length about how disappointing it is to develop for them as a company (not the hardware), so that's a negative.

You can't really know. I'm sure some of their employees really like Sony, and others hate the company. It's all perspective. If there's one thing you can say, it's that the PS3 has not sold as well in the US as other regions. If you're talking about the PS3 failing - well, you could definitely make the argument that it's underachieved in the States. That's about all you can take from them though.
#8RoachmeatPosted 11/22/2012 6:18:38 AM
Using the DW7: Empires morality labeling, SONY isn't the 'smiling face' evil, but they aren't the big heart 'benevolent' either. They are more like the 'moneybag' icon.

Company wise, I wish their movie studios had the DC comics license instead of Warner brothers. I'm sure The AVENGERS printed money for everyone who greenlit it, and it would be nice to know that Sony could have a 'Justice League' contingency plan.

Strangely, I have more hope for SONY's movie holdings than their gaming sector. Isn't that latest Bond flick 'Skyfall' in Sony's pocket?
#9SomnusNemorisPosted 11/22/2012 6:30:39 AM
They're the greatest company to ever grace the earth. If they monopolised the entirety of industry itself (food, electronics, pharmaceuticals, utilities, travel, energy, movie, etc.) the world would be a utopian harmony.
#10RoachmeatPosted 11/22/2012 6:44:35 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
They're the greatest company to ever grace the earth. If they monopolised the entirety of industry itself (food, electronics, pharmaceuticals, utilities, travel, energy, movie, etc.) the world would be a utopian harmony.

So, then they would be like UMBRELLA from the first Resident Evil movie. I could imagine Sony HQ with something like 'Red Queen' running things.

"Theres no fire in here! There is no fire!" --Lab tech to 'Red Queen' flooding lab, Resident Evil

Watch those elevators, Sony employees. Corporate drops a test tube in the lunchroom, RUH ROH!