This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again
3 years ago#1
If Sony launches the "PS4" at a price of $500 or more, do you think they will finish in last place again? - Results (610 votes)
Yes, a price that high is not a wise decision by Sony.
56.89% (347 votes)
Maybe. People sometimes expect to pay that much for a console.
22.95% (140 votes)
No. Sony can price it whatever they want. It won't matter.
10.33% (63 votes)
Who cares? This is a TBC topic. I'm voting this because I assume he's trolling...and I love it!
9.84% (60 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I think that it would be a huge mistake for Sony to launch at a big price like that. It's unlikely that Microsoft's new system will be that expensive and the WiiU is already cheaper.

Sony had to do a lot of price cutting to get the PS3 to start selling really well. So to me, it seems rather silly to get off to yet another slow start.
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
3 years ago#2
what do you mean finish last AGAIN?
3 years ago#3
499 isnt too much, i dont think.

599 is pushing it
3 years ago#4
Depends on the price of the competition.

Also, gotta love that you make fun of yourself in your poll. Too many people take themselves too seriously.
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
3 years ago#5
piazzapimper313 posted...
499 isnt too much, i dont think.

599 is pushing it

No, 499 is still too high. If they sell a better model or a bundle at that price, it's ok. But they should still leave a 399 option.
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
3 years ago#6
Who cares? That's what I voted, not for your posted reason(lol border topic anyway!! Lol) but because I don't care if Sony "finishes" last. I just want a dualshock 4 and a new playstation.
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
3 years ago#7
It would probably be a mistake, but it strongly depends on whats offered. A Microsoft console is going to be more expensive over time anyways.
3 years ago#8
i think $399 is about as high as you can go if you want to have a broad appeal. even then most consoles don't fly off the shelf till they hit $299 and under . casuals wont spend much on a console and since they make up the broader base , if you want it to be a big seller going at the $499 mark insures you only of a low install base and your doom unless you do a price cut fast.
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
3 years ago#9
My God people. Its not hard to save up for a system. If price point is to high for you wait. You don't have to be a early adopter.

Preorder it at gamestop pay monthly. When I got my ps3 I had it on layaway at the bx. I didn't wait whole time BC I wanted it then. I waited 4 months for a ps3. I bought a 360 a month after launch. U just need to set money aside. Look at TVs. Led and plasma were insane price wise and now Uber cheap.
--- my new pc:-)
3 years ago#10
Izraeil posted...
what do you mean finish last AGAIN?

When have they finished last ONCE?
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived