This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again

#21Arn544Posted 11/22/2012 1:23:06 AM
I'm going to be very angry if the next console is a cheap POS because people are too cheap to pay for one.

If it's not at least the same increase in quality the last two consoles brought then I don't even want one. If they sell it cheap it better be because they're taking a loss not because they provide a lowsy console.

Complain about the rising cost of games with declining quality, but if you complain about the console price you're screwing us all.
#22brainlackPosted 11/22/2012 1:26:18 AM
buying apple products for 500$ dollars is good but a game console that is 499$ would fail sheeps right I tell you

sheeps your money is so bad you should give it to me
---
because you like to read a sig in a sig so
I wrote a sig(inside a sig)for you to read - Brainlack
#23RintonPosted 11/22/2012 1:27:18 AM
Price is one one of the factors here. How late does it come out after the competition does? How many first party/exclusive titles launch with the system? Do they continue to get the shaft on Microsoft ports? Is the hardware superior? What's the price point on the microsoft console? When is the console released? Is the microsoft console buggy/not well received? Does it have a better library than the PS4? What exclusives does Microsoft have?

There are too many unknowns, and the price point isn't even something you can gauge without knowing what the other console goes for.
#24veryhappymanPosted 11/22/2012 1:27:56 AM
i personally dont give a crap about all the extra crap you can do on it.
i bought my ps 3 so i can play games on it not to watch movies or all that other crap you can do. if taking all of that extra trash to me lol lowers the price im all up for it.

all it needs is psn store and thats it. i want to use the internet browser i'll go on my comp. i want to see movies i'll watch on my dvd or bluray recorders. i want to look at photos i'll do that on my comp to.

yeah ps 3 has now surpassed xbox 360 so its not last anymore.
---
psn momkiller1
#25Lowtan_LanePosted 11/22/2012 1:28:23 AM
i'd buy it...
---
"...And since she isn't my gf I don't give a crap what her hobbies are. I'll only see her(them) a couple times a month." --- Lowtan_Lane
#26Arn544Posted 11/22/2012 1:28:53 AM
The title of this thread lies too... Ps3 didn't finish last

In fact it launched a year later and is now tied with the 360, in sales so if one company came in last it wasn't sony. In fact not only are they tied now they're probably going to pull ahead in the coming months if they haven't already.
#27Arn544Posted 11/22/2012 1:34:00 AM
veryhappyman posted...
i personally dont give a crap about all the extra crap you can do on it.
i bought my ps 3 so i can play games on it not to watch movies or all that other crap you can do. if taking all of that extra trash to me lol lowers the price im all up for it.

all it needs is psn store and thats it. i want to use the internet browser i'll go on my comp. i want to see movies i'll watch on my dvd or bluray recorders. i want to look at photos i'll do that on my comp to.

yeah ps 3 has now surpassed xbox 360 so its not last anymore.

Except they won't take the other features out to lower the price, they'll expand on those features and cut into the game quality to lower the price. People just need to be willing to pay more.

Hence why the dev kit shows potentially 16 gb ram but a 1 GB GPU.
#28RintonPosted 11/22/2012 1:36:50 AM
amonte64 posted...
Of course you mean rank in sales which means absolutely nothing to anyone not even the company. But on this topic, PS3 is currently in 2nd in sales or about to pass the 360 and the later the PS4 and 720 come out the PS3 might even pass Wii.

The PS3 won't surpass the Wii. That's simply not going to be possible because of it's price point and it's lack of appeal to casuals. You'd need another 30 million sales to catch up to the Wii, and that's assuming the Wii doesn't sell another console. The Wii is an incredibly easy buy for any lower-middle income parents, and it'll continue to sell until nintendo stops supporting it.
#29amonte64Posted 11/22/2012 1:57:36 AM
Rinton posted...
amonte64 posted...
Of course you mean rank in sales which means absolutely nothing to anyone not even the company. But on this topic, PS3 is currently in 2nd in sales or about to pass the 360 and the later the PS4 and 720 come out the PS3 might even pass Wii.

The PS3 won't surpass the Wii. That's simply not going to be possible because of it's price point and it's lack of appeal to casuals. You'd need another 30 million sales to catch up to the Wii, and that's assuming the Wii doesn't sell another console. The Wii is an incredibly easy buy for any lower-middle income parents, and it'll continue to sell until nintendo stops supporting it.

I'm pretty sure the Wii doesn't sell anymore and I think PS3 is only around 25 million sales behind and PS3 will probably continue to sell for another five years.
#30aPimp_named_leEPosted 11/22/2012 2:08:33 AM
hopefully I'll have a job when it's announced so i can start saving up for it. might even buy a Wii U too (yea, I like infamous, dead space, and god of war but i also like mario and kirby. people make it seem like a video game sin to like kiddie/casual games if you are an adult or traditional/hardcore gamer... but honestly what does it matter?), but I am done with Xbox. except for Halo, I have no desire to play that console and I really hate having to pay to play online. I dont do enough online on xbox to justify the cost especially since most of my friends are ps3 users. so yea to answer to poll question, even if it was 600+ i would buy it and sure there are better computers out there for a similar cost so I'll just buy/build it as well. fresh out of college there aren't too many bills piled up just yet
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~