This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again

#51PHEEliNUXPosted 11/22/2012 9:46:13 AM
Maybe if they have a very decent games library, Having a game like Wii Sports(As in a game that comes with the Console, Not exactly Wii Sports ripoff but something that can make you play the Console once you buy it) Would help it too
#52fallenswordsPosted 11/22/2012 9:49:32 AM
im sorry sir... but the wii finished last this gen... and the WiiU looks lik it might do the same...
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#53bandit_wolfPosted 11/22/2012 11:00:01 AM
Non of you even seem to see the info posted on it.
From PSM3

•The next console will not be called PlayStation 4, the number 4 in Japan is pronounced "shi", meaning death. Many buildings in Japan have no 4th floor and room number 4 due to the same reason
•The codename for the console is Orbis, which could perhaps be part of the final name
•PS4 titles will look like high-end PC demos you found in Watchdogs, Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix's Luminous tech demo
•PS4 demos will be shown by Sony at E3 2013
•PS4 games will not run in 4K or Ultra HD resolution, it will probably be used only for videos
•The default resolution will be 1080p at 60fps
•PS4 will not support used games, games need to be registered to PSN account
•There will be a protection scheme in the system, in the form of online pass or something similar
•PS4 will have around 4GB to 8GB memory - if the next Xbox system has 8GB memory, Sony would be put under pressure to have 8GB
•PS4 will have 16GB flash memory
•PS4 will not be backward compatible with PS3 games
•PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4
•PS4 will be shipped with PS Move controller and camera
•Classic games will be available via Cloud gaming, powered by Gaikai
•PS4 will run on quad-core AMD processor code name Liverpool, produced in a 28nm process
•The price will be around €400 - 500

(as of now 500 Euro = 634 USD)
---
PS Deputy & Dex Filler__Jobs:73_Topics:32
Gen 5 [banditwolf][wolfman][2064-9288-1435]
#54Lelouch71Posted 11/22/2012 11:17:50 AM
They are already struggling with the Vita. If they price the PS4 to be more than $400 then they deserve exit the market. Releasing the PS3 at $600 was one of the biggest mistake they ever made.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#55chiefofsb78Posted 11/22/2012 11:29:05 AM
Izraeil posted...
what do you mean finish last AGAIN?

^^This^^
and people want a cheap console then complain about the flaws of it and how outdated the hardware is
you want a cheap console thats cheaply made buy a Xbox PS is about quality
#56UniversquallPosted 11/22/2012 11:39:14 AM
bandit_wolf posted...
Non of you even seem to see the info posted on it.
From PSM3

•The next console will not be called PlayStation 4, the number 4 in Japan is pronounced "shi", meaning death. Many buildings in Japan have no 4th floor and room number 4 due to the same reason
•The codename for the console is Orbis, which could perhaps be part of the final name
•PS4 titles will look like high-end PC demos you found in Watchdogs, Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix's Luminous tech demo
•PS4 demos will be shown by Sony at E3 2013
•PS4 games will not run in 4K or Ultra HD resolution, it will probably be used only for videos
•The default resolution will be 1080p at 60fps
•PS4 will not support used games, games need to be registered to PSN account
•There will be a protection scheme in the system, in the form of online pass or something similar
•PS4 will have around 4GB to 8GB memory - if the next Xbox system has 8GB memory, Sony would be put under pressure to have 8GB
•PS4 will have 16GB flash memory
•PS4 will not be backward compatible with PS3 games
•PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4
•PS4 will be shipped with PS Move controller and camera
•Classic games will be available via Cloud gaming, powered by Gaikai
•PS4 will run on quad-core AMD processor code name Liverpool, produced in a 28nm process
•The price will be around €400 - 500

(as of now 500 Euro = 634 USD)

LOL... But you forgot to post any info.
---
After the Fallout
#57tonyalmaedaPosted 11/22/2012 11:40:51 AM
At this point PS3 still has my undivided attention. PS4 would have to come with a WOW game before I even consider buying one.

But if they do I will buy one for 449.99 no higher.

And how the hell have you been Border dont see you as much anymore. And what do you mean last this gen aint over yet. LOL
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#58Lelouch71Posted 11/22/2012 11:48:59 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
^^This^^
and people want a cheap console then complain about the flaws of it and how outdated the hardware is
you want a cheap console thats cheaply made buy a Xbox PS is about quality

Oh cool the PS2 was all about quality and wasn't cheaply made. Oh wait my phat PS2 has issues with DRE...
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#59ShineboxerPosted 11/22/2012 12:33:00 PM
Sony isn't going to survive next gen. The company is a complete joke.
#60plasticman13Posted 11/22/2012 12:36:26 PM
I bought my PS3 when it dropped to $399, so I sure as hell won't buy a PS4 for anything more.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5