This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again

#61PHEEliNUXPosted 11/22/2012 2:11:23 PM
bandit_wolf posted...
Non of you even seem to see the info posted on it.
From PSM3

•The next console will not be called PlayStation 4, the number 4 in Japan is pronounced "shi", meaning death. Many buildings in Japan have no 4th floor and room number 4 due to the same reason
•The codename for the console is Orbis, which could perhaps be part of the final name
•PS4 titles will look like high-end PC demos you found in Watchdogs, Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix's Luminous tech demo
•PS4 demos will be shown by Sony at E3 2013
•PS4 games will not run in 4K or Ultra HD resolution, it will probably be used only for videos
•The default resolution will be 1080p at 60fps
•PS4 will not support used games, games need to be registered to PSN account
•There will be a protection scheme in the system, in the form of online pass or something similar
•PS4 will have around 4GB to 8GB memory - if the next Xbox system has 8GB memory, Sony would be put under pressure to have 8GB
•PS4 will have 16GB flash memory
•PS4 will not be backward compatible with PS3 games
•PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4
•PS4 will be shipped with PS Move controller and camera
•Classic games will be available via Cloud gaming, powered by Gaikai
•PS4 will run on quad-core AMD processor code name Liverpool, produced in a 28nm process
•The price will be around €400 - 500

(as of now 500 Euro = 634 USD)

These are rumors

And PSM3?
#62DarkOmegaWeaponPosted 11/22/2012 2:47:17 PM
If the PS4 will have a more powerful hardware than WiiU (very likely) minus a controller with a big screen, then maybe $350 for a basic set and $400 for deluxe.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/darkaura
2.8GHz i7-860 | 16GB 1600mhz G.SKILL | Sapphire 6870 | 240GB SSD HyperX | HP ZR30w 30" 2560x1600 | Win8 Pro
#63TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 6:53:20 PM
JONlCS posted...
wow, TBC's still going at it?

Yeah, 6 years of trolling now. That's some dedication. Too bad it's aimed at such a waste of time and life.

So you're accusing me of "6 years of trolling" (LOL at the hypocrisy, by the way, since you've had dozens of accounts deleted over that period of time for the exact same thing)......and then saying that I'm "aiming it at such a waste of time and life?"

So under your own definition, you and other Sony fans would be "a waste of time and life?" Uh....OK. New sig found!

And BTW....How, exactly, is this considered a trolling topic? Please explain how an honest discussion of Sony's potential next gen pricing is "trolling."
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#64Stax221Posted 11/23/2012 7:06:02 PM
If the PS3 is priced at $500 that means Sony added a lot of useless features. What it does need is full BC support from the PS1-PS3.
#65JCourChesNePosted 11/23/2012 7:11:10 PM
Last couple of year, they've been outselling Xbox I believe.
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-stars Battle Royale
PSN: DaeGa
#66djwagonPosted 11/23/2012 7:20:46 PM
just curious here .if I remember right tc was the original monster cable salesman on here correct.
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#67justinlynch3Posted 11/23/2012 7:28:32 PM
$300-$350 is good. $400+ I'll wait 2 or 3 years, I don't mind.
---
Mystic Forum - http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
NewGenerations - http://forum.newgenforums.net/topic/8090441/1/#new
#68justinlynch3Posted 11/23/2012 7:46:52 PM
PHEEliNUX posted...
bandit_wolf posted...
Non of you even seem to see the info posted on it.
From PSM3

•The next console will not be called PlayStation 4, the number 4 in Japan is pronounced "shi", meaning death. Many buildings in Japan have no 4th floor and room number 4 due to the same reason
•The codename for the console is Orbis, which could perhaps be part of the final name
•PS4 titles will look like high-end PC demos you found in Watchdogs, Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix's Luminous tech demo
•PS4 demos will be shown by Sony at E3 2013
•PS4 games will not run in 4K or Ultra HD resolution, it will probably be used only for videos
•The default resolution will be 1080p at 60fps
•PS4 will not support used games, games need to be registered to PSN account
•There will be a protection scheme in the system, in the form of online pass or something similar
•PS4 will have around 4GB to 8GB memory - if the next Xbox system has 8GB memory, Sony would be put under pressure to have 8GB
•PS4 will have 16GB flash memory
•PS4 will not be backward compatible with PS3 games
•PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4
•PS4 will be shipped with PS Move controller and camera
•Classic games will be available via Cloud gaming, powered by Gaikai
•PS4 will run on quad-core AMD processor code name Liverpool, produced in a 28nm process
•The price will be around €400 - 500

(as of now 500 Euro = 634 USD)

These are rumors

And PSM3?

Not supporting used games better be rumor because I will seriously consider not buying it otherwise. I don't buy every game day 1, especially not if games are going up to $80. And dev's won't sell games forever as it'll clog the market.

I also can't see them shipping out with only 16GB memory, unless it's just another scam to force us to buy bigger HDD's. Sony already scammed us enough this gen by removing PS2 BC and forcing PS2 HD remakes on us.

And $600+??? Sony would be idiots, IDIOTS to do that a second time. Everyone in the company may as well put a gun to their head and pull the trigger if they pull that again, or everyone in the gaming division at least.

No BC is a minus, but kinda expected. Won't be a decision maker.
---
Mystic Forum - http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
NewGenerations - http://forum.newgenforums.net/topic/8090441/1/#new
#69Legolas3593Posted 11/23/2012 8:41:58 PM
I don't give a turd how powerful the hardware is.the most important aspect is what new games can I play on it.
If its too expensive and exclusive as what ps3 was,no one will buy it,thus not many good games released for it.and people will be more put off.look at VITA,it really have high end graphic,and many gadgets,most are unnecessary.and look how bad it flops!
#70SomnusNemorisPosted 11/23/2012 8:59:37 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
So you're accusing me of "6 years of trolling" (LOL at the hypocrisy, by the way, since you've had dozens of accounts deleted over that period of time for the exact same thing)......and then saying that I'm "aiming it at such a waste of time and life?"

So under your own definition, you and other Sony fans would be "a waste of time and life?" Uh....OK. New sig found!

And BTW....How, exactly, is this considered a trolling topic? Please explain how an honest discussion of Sony's potential next gen pricing is "trolling."

*yawn*

Troll is using the same boring defence and excuses as always.