This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: If Sony launches the PS4 at a price of $500+, they will finish last again

#81ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/24/2012 7:51:21 AM
"Finish last again" even though the 360 is dead last now..?
#82HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/24/2012 10:04:20 AM
PS4 is probably going to be last no matter the price. Might as well not make a loss this time around.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#83urtvPosted 11/24/2012 10:06:21 AM
i rather pay more for a better system that to pay less for a overpriced piece of paperweight
#84kel25Posted 11/24/2012 10:15:11 AM
Alltra posted...
The damn thing wouldn't be that expensive if it didn't have all kinds of additional, frivolous features like pretty much every console has.

Seriously, get rid of the fodder. We don't need all of these crazy features like Qore, or being able to store music and photos. Hell, we don't even need the internet browser, and the damn thing is terrible anyway so nobody uses it. All that crap is a waste of space.

Keep Netflix, PS Store, and dump everything else. We don't need it, and I'll bet my left arm the price of the system will come down to like $200, if that.

^
This

Seriously, all of these attempts to make it a multimedia device seems like a complete waste of time that just increases the overall cost of the system. It seems that PS3 gets used for four things 1) play games, 2) play movies, 3) psn store, and 4) netflix.

Keep it simple. I bought this system to play games. I couldn't care less about things like storing photos or surfing the internet.
#85RafedxPosted 11/24/2012 10:19:39 AM
I don't know about you guys but the original price point of the PS3 kept it away from a few people that it became a status symbol of sorts. I remember a bunch of my friends had 360's and I went out and bought a PS3, had a party shortly after and all anyone could do was sit in awe of it, they wanted it and had to save up causing a sort of envy, when the price dropped all of my friends that wanted one gobbled it up. Hell I know people who bought it just because it was a bit more expensive and those people like to have things others don't.

In the end, I don't care what they do. If there is no BC for PS3 games, or they use some other lame practice like DRM then I won't get it. If it has BC, and no lame practices I would buy it at $599.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#86true_gamer80Posted 11/24/2012 10:24:41 AM(edited)
Id rather pay 500+ for a new ststem no matter who its by MS or Sony then buy a 300 dollar machine that can finally play games that have been around for 6 plus years, caters to a much younger or casual market and will be outdated bigtime in a very short bit and would rather own a console that wont share its majority of it library with current gen(ps3, 360) or last gen games like the wii. One thing I have praise for nintendo about is at least this time its whole "gimmick" wont completely and utterly dumb down every game(motion contrls) that incorperates it. Altthugh I do find the controller/screen just as dumb of a gimmick
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#87true_gamer80Posted 11/24/2012 10:27:50 AM
Also 500 for a new console at release is pretty standard...its actually bbit cheaper when adding in inflation from consoles of the past. The thing is alot this gen think thats an absurd prce because nintendo pricing this and last gen....there is a reason its so cheaper ppl....open your eyes lol, if you cant see it or understand why then your clueless....
---
#88SomnusNemorisPosted 11/24/2012 10:35:59 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
Id rather pay 500+ for a new ststem no matter who its by MS or Sony then buy a 300 dollar machine that can finally play games that have been around for 6 plus years, caters to a much younger or casual market and will be outdated bigtime in a very short bit and would rather own a console that wont share its majority of it library with current gen(ps3, 360) or last gen games like the wii. One thing I have praise for nintendo about is at least this time its whole "gimmick" wont completely and utterly dumb down every game(motion contrls) that incorperates it. Altthugh I do find the controller/screen just as dumb of a gimmick

In before TBC accuses you of fanboyism.
#89true_gamer80Posted 11/24/2012 10:56:00 AM(edited)
SomnusNemoris posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

In before TBC accuses you of fanboyism.

Let him, I was playing nintendo consoles before he ever held a controller prob lol...hell nintendo was pretty much my dad growing up lol...I love nintendo however the route they took the wii imo was the biggest wtf in my gaming life, I understand why they chose to go that route(they would have went under going head to head in the same market as MS oand Sony, they tapped into awhole new market but in doing that they lost touch with many many gamers.
People scream sell outs all the time here, nintendo in my eyes are the most guilty....they went from one of the most respecting companies in the industry in my eyes to sell outs that completely changed up their stradegy in the console market, focusing on a completely diff market. How about you push yourselves nintendo, pls! Dont take the easiest route not even try to push yourselves and tap into a diff market altogehter pretyy much...come on nintendo, the next console oyu mae....pls pls push yourselvs, have faith and confidence in your company, stop releasing these console that are not a true step into the next gen....enough baby steps....i want you to take a big jump next gen...pls
I dont hate them, still love them, however I do not like the decisions they have made with the wii and the new one at all..its simply not for me at least in this point in time, who knows what the future may bring but as of now, the new wii does not interest me in the slightest on top of after getting a wii and never never playing it cause the lac of games I like on it////Ive never been more weary of a console ever...time will tell but from what Im seeing from the new wii, nothing has changed aside from the gimmick the console is packed with, nintendo is in the same postion diff gen now. In no time at all it will be a distant distant distant 3rd in its game library...I hope Im wrong but I know Im not...their to focused on money and the new market they have and sorry a few games that are considered "hardcore" does not change a thing...
---
#90Lelouch71Posted 11/24/2012 11:30:52 AM
TheRavenKC posted...
Most likely PS4 will be released last again giving Microsoft and Nintendo a head start, but until I get some of the sales profits I couldn't care less.

Yes but if they can enter the market at a good price point of $300-400 with plenty of good exclusives then it won't be a repeat of this gen. Nintendo would have a year start. But MS probably would only have a few months start. Then again I predict it won't be a total repeat of this gen. None of them can afford to adopt the same strategy they had this gen especially Sony.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"