This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since we can't get The Walking Dead game in NZ

#11tack129Posted 11/22/2012 5:58:52 PM
killak posted...
Btw AU NZ psn prices are a rip off ,

Do you ever look at the minimum wage in NZ compared to foreign countries?

Prices are still ridiculous regardless of the set minimum wage. Also for NZ it's NZ dollar is lower than the AUS or US dollar.
---
PSN: tack129
#12killakPosted 11/22/2012 6:00:54 PM
Prices are still ridiculous regardless of the set minimum wage. Also for NZ it's NZ dollar is lower than the AUS or US dollar.

And? if you want the AU or US economy......live there. NZ prices are in line with NZ economy.
---
..you're supposed to put spoilers when you talk about the color of the sky. some people haven't seen it yet. - llaW_Enots
#13Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/22/2012 6:15:28 PM
No, New Zealand PSN prices aren't fair. It depends where you go.

Take a popular game like BLOPS2:

EBGames - $142 - $115USD
Warehouse - $120 - $98USD
Mightyape - $120 - $98USD
wowhd - $103 - $83USD
nzgameshop - $80 - $65USD

Those are as I last saw them, without shipping.

I saw HDN MK2 on PSN for $90, I payed $72 for it.

Get a UK or US PSN, don't support those absurd prices. There is always a cheaper place to find something, the only time I'd pay for a game over $100 is if it's a "collectors edition" or hard as to find. Digital games will never be either.
#14killakPosted 11/22/2012 6:23:28 PM

Unless you're not walking around with a NZ-US conversion guide.

Hell, I bet if you went and lived in the US for a year, and worked there, you'd probably feel the same about the cost of games.

Take advantage of the US dollar plummeting and enjoy your imports as I do, but don't seem so ignorant by stating that games are too expensive here when they haven't gone up since the 90s, and have infact gone down, while the wage has gone up
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil
#15Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/22/2012 6:37:33 PM
killak posted...

Unless you're not walking around with a NZ-US conversion guide.

Hell, I bet if you went and lived in the US for a year, and worked there, you'd probably feel the same about the cost of games.

Take advantage of the US dollar plummeting and enjoy your imports as I do, but don't seem so ignorant by stating that games are too expensive here when they haven't gone up since the 90s, and have infact gone down, while the wage has gone up

Minimum Wage has gone up, everything else is relatively the same where as the prices have gone up. My point is to always look around, you can find pretty much anything for less than $100. These games aren't made in New Zealand, the devs aren't gaining any extra money for all that extra money being thrown at them; the middle man is getting it. I want to support the developers.
#16killakPosted 11/22/2012 6:44:58 PM
Minimum Wage has gone up, everything else is relatively the same where as the prices have gone up.

*remembers paying 169 for Street Fighter 2 in 1994*

*doesn't see any new release games for 169 in 2012*

Game prices have not gone up at all
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#17rodwipeisdeadPosted 11/22/2012 6:47:56 PM
Don't worry, there's a disc version coming out. Import that instead.
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.
#18Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/22/2012 8:15:32 PM
killak posted...
Minimum Wage has gone up, everything else is relatively the same where as the prices have gone up.

*remembers paying 169 for Street Fighter 2 in 1994*

*doesn't see any new release games for 169 in 2012*

Game prices have not gone up at all

In 1994 you most likely didn't have any internet sites you could go to, there wasn't much choice so stores could charge ludicrous prices. Do you somehow think those prices are right?

Living costs have gone up, technology has become cheaper to make and is more accessible. It doesn't matter regardless, the past is in the past and $120 games are over priced.
#19killakPosted 11/22/2012 8:19:43 PM
In 1994 you most likely didn't have any internet sites you could go to, there wasn't much choice so stores could charge ludicrous prices. Do you somehow think those prices are right?

If I was buying privately you'd have a point, but this was a major chain and the cheapest I could find.

Living costs have gone up, technology has become cheaper to make and is more accessible. It doesn't matter regardless, the past is in the past and $120 games are over priced.

Everything has gone up, including wages. Seriously, i earn 24 dollars an hour and have co-workers that earn 40+ an hour. Do you honestly wonder why I don't see 100 bucks as "too expensive"?

I can't begin to imagine what my role paid in 1994.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#20zyrax2301Posted 11/22/2012 8:20:43 PM
I bought all my new PS2 games last gen at about $100. New PS3 games are generally retail at $120.

The retail price of current-gen games have gone up in NZ, and the PS Store prices are ludicrous.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.