This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

if i had a fat ps3 for a year before it YLOD...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. if i had a fat ps3 for a year before it YLOD...

User Info: edelbrock442

edelbrock442
4 years ago#1
(it was a little more than a year but i'm trying to be on a more exact scale.)
then how long should my ps3 slim last? had it more than a year and a half.
i also have one of those coolers that push cold air up from beneath it for my laptop that i use on my ps3, will that extend its life?

i'm doing this for black friday sales and was wondering if i should get a new slim or a vita. however i already own the uncharteds and infamous', so if anyone can tell me how much a 320 gig costs without a bundle, that'll be great. or a smaller gig that they have on sale without the bundle. i will only spend $200.

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
4 years ago#2
Google YLOD algorithm.
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"

edelbrock442
4 years ago#3
not what i'm looking for

User Info: Thermador446

Thermador446
4 years ago#4
edelbrock442 posted...
(it was a little more than a year but i'm trying to be on a more exact scale.)
then how long should my ps3 slim last? had it more than a year and a half.
i also have one of those coolers that push cold air up from beneath it for my laptop that i use on my ps3, will that extend its life?

i'm doing this for black friday sales and was wondering if i should get a new slim or a vita. however i already own the uncharteds and infamous', so if anyone can tell me how much a 320 gig costs without a bundle, that'll be great. or a smaller gig that they have on sale without the bundle. i will only spend $200.

320GB HDD seem to fail prematurely more than other models. I went with a 160GB from walmart for that reason.

My slim has thousands of hours on it. I rarely leave it on for less than an hour, short periods are about the worst thing you can do to a PS3.

Never has any problems with the slim, so I made sure to pick up an extra before today.
In a store that isn't open yet is probably the only place you'll find a slim, and only if you get there at opening.
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"

edelbrock442
4 years ago#5
well i play for long periods of time

edelbrock442
4 years ago#6
i'm kind of looking for an estimated time of how long the ps3 will last.

User Info: L_M_4

L_M_4
4 years ago#7
Generally, you don't really have to worry about a slim YLoD'ing.

That said, A Fat usually lasts at least a couple years. It's pretty odd to have one last as short as yours did...
Psn: BloodFalcon

edelbrock442
4 years ago#8
L_M_4 posted...

That said, A Fat usually lasts at least a couple years. It's pretty odd to have one last as short as yours did...

i believe the other one lasted much longer, like two years, then the disk reader broke.

User Info: Superfly Jo Jo

Superfly Jo Jo
4 years ago#9
L_M_4 posted...

My 80gb backwards compatible fat lasted me 10 months. I took care of it, made sure it was clean of dust and debris, and kept in a nice cool area of my apartment. I think it just proves no matter when it happens all fat PS3s are doomed to fail at some point
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Zelda: OoT, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Black Ops II

edelbrock442
4 years ago#10
does anyone have a slim that YLOD'd?

i suppose it is possible that slims are built to last like the ps2 slim, which i still have for like 10 years, vs. the two fat ones i had which lasted a few months, and my still active n64.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. if i had a fat ps3 for a year before it YLOD...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived